By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is Killzone 2 destined for failure :-(

MaxwellGT2000 said:
tk1797 said:
have faith. I'm sure sony won't let this game be either shitty or unoticed.

Oh I'm possitive Sony won't let it go without a lot of hype (just like Killzone on the PS2) but I'm not certain about the quality of this game, Killzone 1 doesn't give me faith, and CoD4 is amazing it'll be hard to top, if you can't top CoD4 there still wouldn't be a reason (FPS wise) to buy a PS3 over the 360.

CoD 4 will have been forgotten for a long time, and not that many people are hyped over CoD 5, Resistance 2 and Killzone 2 are the two big announced shooters of this year, with Haze probably coming in 3rd, of course GeoW 2 could change all of that, but I doubt it

Around the Network

Killzone2 will be great, its has been said many times that the game will run at 30FPS at 720p. Don't even think of putting CoD4 next to KZ2, CoD4 has busted online and a 5hour single player game where the computer uses aimbots and tosses grenades 400yards at your feet. CoD4 has more lag online then any other game i have ever played.

Munkeh111 said:
Is it destined for failure:
on this sites scores: yes
on the comments by this site: yes
public opinion (on this site): yes
in reviewers eyes: no
in the general PS3 owning public: no

Pretty much sums it up perfectly.

Why are they being so quiet? To quote E0N from the "Ask the Dev Thread" on the PlayStation.com forums:

Guerrilla got its fingers badly burned by the hype machine - since Killzone BOTH of the games we've worked on have had a very quiet press presence except at defined milestones.

Basically, they don't want any of that "Halo Killer" crap to pop up again.

I mean, they aren't even competing with Halo. They've said countless times that they just want to make their own game, and that they're not directly competing with anybody.

1up's 10 most wanted in 08 for PS3

http://www.1up.com/do/feature?cId=3166087

they have had hands on with the game as have many other media sites at E3 just nothing new since then.

Around the Network
Griffin said:
Killzone2 will be great, its has been said many times that the game will run at 30FPS at 720p. Don't even think of putting CoD4 next to KZ2, CoD4 has busted online and a 5hour single player game where the computer uses aimbots and tosses grenades 400yards at your feet. CoD4 has more lag online then any other game i have ever played.

Apart from the single player grenades, everything is fixed. the offline stuff pales in comparison to online, which has now been fixed, and the feature patch is coming soon. there is no more lag, the sniper will be accurate will the patch, and you now connect to the servers much much quicker.

tastyshovelware said:
Killzone E3 history:
2005 non hands on tech demo
2006 missed
2007 non hands on video
2008 possible hands on?

I want killzone to set E3 records.... More delays may be needed :)

Actually, there were like over 100 (don't remember the number) of media people invited to a Killzone 2 showing that was soon after Microsoft's press converence at E307. At that time, they were shown Killzone 2 and I recall that they even played it as well. At the actual Sony conference, they showed Killzone 2 and there was a guy on stage playing it. 

I don't remember what it was called, but a gaming event a couple of months later had the developers showing people of the media parts of the level and the technologies and idea's they're implementing into the game (such as the first person cover system).

Munkeh111 said:
Griffin said:

Apart from the single player grenades, everything is fixed. the offline stuff pales in comparison to online, which has now been fixed, and the feature patch is coming soon. there is no more lag, the sniper will be accurate will the patch, and you now connect to the servers much much quicker.

Weird, that never really bothered me. I also didn't notice that much of a problem in multiplayer (on the PS3 version of COD4). Sometimes the host of a game would drop and I'd have to find a new game server to connect to, but that was pretty much it. 

IllegalPaladin said:
Munkeh111 said:
Griffin said:

Weird, that never really bothered me. I also didn't notice that much of a problem in multiplayer (on the PS3 version of COD4). Sometimes the host of a game would drop and I'd have to find a new game server to connect to, but that was pretty much it. 

What about the waiting 5 minutes for a game, that only stopped a few weeks ago

Well then I don't know then because I played it online when I rented it... a few weeks ago so it looks like I could have inadvertently rented it at the right time lol.

I had also rented it the week it came out on the PS3 and I know that then I couldn't get the multi-player to work, but I was focusing all my time on the single-player.