By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What do you think of a Ninestation/Playtendo merger?

Which name is better?

Ninestation 14 16.28%

Playtendo 30 34.88%

Yo Mama 42 48.84%

Total:86

It was Nintendo and Sony working together that resulted in Playstation in the first place. They don't really get along. Although times have changed since PS1 I guess. Maybe. Might be worse now than it was then, honestly, now that Nintendo puts gameplay before hardware and Sony does the opposite (in terms of innovation focus). Regardless, there wouldn't be a merger, more likely one would buy the other. And depending on how Nintendo's quality of life thing goes, and how Sony's future TV business goes, I could see either buying the other. Ideally, Sony's talent in creating and marketing powerful hardware and Nintendo's talent in creating new ways to play games would mesh seamlessly and neither would get in the other's way, but likely it wouldn't work too well. Two very different philosophies regarding the gaming market would clash and result in neither's vision being fulfilled very well.

And why would you do Ninestation? I could see Ninstation, Tenstation, or Nintenstation, but Nine? Ew. More like Neinstation. Hmmm, what if the merger happened where PS10 would happen, resulting in the Nin10station?