By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
iclim4 said:
naznatips said:
It's still IMO one of the greatest achievements ever in the RPG genre.

to me that title belongs to Suikoden II.
have you ever played that game Naz?

Unforunately I've never played a Suikoden, as odd as it is.  I've played dozens of RPG franchises, but I've just never gotten around to Suikoden.  

Around the Network

Man I feel so at home when people say IX is the best, it also has the highest gamerankings score for any PS Final Fantasy.

naznatips said:
iclim4 said:
naznatips said:
It's still IMO one of the greatest achievements ever in the RPG genre.

to me that title belongs to Suikoden II.
have you ever played that game Naz?

Unforunately I've never played a Suikoden, as odd as it is.  I've played dozens of RPG franchises, but I've just never gotten around to Suikoden.  

well if you ever get the chance
Id recommend II if you have a lot of patience V.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

I totally agree.The characters are the best in a PS Final Fantasy. imo XD

Tempus fugit Nintendo manet.

Level 1 - Newbie
Level 2 - Member - Pass 1k
Level 3 - Regular - Pass 2k
Level 4 - Addicted - Pass 5k
Level 5 - Obsessed - Pass 10k
Level 6 - Old Guard - Pass 20k
Level 7 - Legend - Pass 50k
Level 8 - Demi-God - Pass 100k
Level 9 - God - Pass 250k
Level 10 - Zeus - Pass 500k

New Table:

Level 1 - Newbie
Level 2 - Rookie - Pass 1k
Level 3 - Padawan - Pass 10k
Level 4 - Sea Dog - Pass 25k
Level 5 - Captain - Pass 50k
Level 6 - Agent - Pass 100k
Level 7 - Elite - Pass 175k
Level 8 - Hero - Pass 250k
Level 9 - Legend - Pass 500k
Level 10 - Titan - Pass 1 Million

naznatips said:

And Legend, there is no way that you haven't seen any FFIX characters. Vivi is one of the most iconic characters of the franchise even today:

im just using this for the picture.  if anyone has played kh2 and didnt like vivi dont worry.  i was PISSED after seeing him in kh2.  nomura slaughtered his character.  of all the things in kh2 that were terrible (stupidly easy, too much disney, ...) a return of vivi that was crap made me mad.  my other kh and ff9 loving friend said the same thing.

my pillars of gaming: kh, naughty dog, insomniac, ssb, gow, ff

i officially boycott boycotts.  crap.

Around the Network

ff9 is a great game indeed. Though compared to ff7 and ff8 it is not of that calibre. I feel as though ff6 is a tad better than 9. Don't get me wrong I love 9 and it holds it's own. To me it's like ff12. Good, but not great.

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil

This makes me want to bust out my copy and give it another play. I too liked 9 more than 7. I've certainly spent more time playing 7 than 9 or probably any other RPG, but it lacks anything to draw me back to want to give it another play. The biggest pluses for me is 9's character development and the fact that each character serves a specific role instead of flat characters that can essentially be "raised" to do all of the same things outside of Limit Breaks.

I like the classes, but I prefer the story in 7. Just my preference, no one is right or wrong.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

finalsquall said:
ff9 is a great game indeed. Though compared to ff7 and ff8 it is not of that calibre. I feel as though ff6 is a tad better than 9. Don't get me wrong I love 9 and it holds it's own. To me it's like ff12. Good, but not great.

I have to agree it is inot the same calibre as 7 or 8. It is in a whole other league comparitively. The character development in IX is just so unbelievably good. The only problem it has is none of the characters are terribly memorable in and of themselves. You never sit back and thnk what a bad ass Zidane was, but he was involved in some of the best moment in any FF game ever.

My one semi-shameful secret is that IX is one of the few games I have gotten ahold of a rom file for and refuse to ever delete it. I will sooner face legal action than I will remove that rom from my harddrive. I have lost the game due to an act of god sadly and have not been able to track down a way to buy the game new. I love the ending of that game so much though I have to keep a save file handy where I can just watch it and fall in love with it all over again. It is almost as good as VI story wise in my book, but I just liked a few of the moments in VI way to much to but anything ahead of it.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

All that I can say is this:

Amano >>>>>>> Nomura.

I would add about twelve-hundred more >'s, but I'm sure you get the point.

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.