By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FF IX > FF VII

...and don't even speak to me about VIII.

Anyway, I've long held the opinion that FFIX is the best of the post-FF6 era of Final Fantasies. The characters, the soundtrack, its originality, actually having statistically distinct classes once again....I love the game to death. 

I just busted it out for the first time in a few years, and found that its still just as awesome as it was when I first played it (this really wasn't the case with 7 or 8 at all).

Does anybody else think that 9 is awesome? It seems like everybody is mindlessly devoted to singing Final Fantasy 7's praises, or even 8's, but I think 9 is easily better than both of them. 

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

Around the Network

I disagree but i guess everybody has an opinion.

I loved 9's field music..the music when you are walking around outside.

great game.

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

Disagree. I liked 7 better. I loved 7.

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

Starting from today, you are my friend. Amen to everything you said brother, FFIX = Best Playstation Final Fantasy.

Around the Network

I agree as its amazing

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Naz will be so proud

I agree, I like IX from the awesome theater start to the emotional climactic ending.
Next for me would be FFX.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

I haven't play it yet but have it in my library of old games to play. So far 8 is my fave of the PS generation. Am i the only one that thinks 10 sucked ass? It was excesively linear and i didnt care much for the characters or the storyline.

What are you looking at, nerd?

Disagree totally.

Wait... did I start this in the last FF thread?

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.