By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who's your favorite videogame composer?

Soriku said:
solracbrit said:
Koji Kondo, I still want to get the SMG music disc....

I thought SMG's music sucked X_X Koji Kondo's best work is on PM: TTYD and TLoZ: TWW IMO. Those had AMAZING soundtracks.

BLASPHEMY!!

And for the record, Kondo only wrote two (2) new songs for SMG (Good Egg Galaxy and Roselina's Comet Observatory), the rest were composed Mahito Yokota. And SMG had an amazing soundtrack.

Also, Kondo had very little to do with Wind Waker. The only new piece that we know for sure that he wrote for the score was "The Great Sea". Overall, I thought Wind Waker was one of the weaker scores in the series.

Oh, and Paper Mario: TTYD!?  That was Yoshito Hirano and Yuka Tsujiyoka (of Fire Emblem fame!).  They just arranged all of Kondo's classic Mario tunes. 

Around the Network
Soriku said:
Kenology said:
Soriku said:
solracbrit said:
Koji Kondo, I still want to get the SMG music disc....

I thought SMG's music sucked X_X Koji Kondo's best work is on PM: TTYD and TLoZ: TWW IMO. Those had AMAZING soundtracks.

BLASPHEMY!!

And for the record, Kondo only wrote two (2) new songs for SMG (Good Egg Galaxy and Roselina's Comet Observatory), the rest were composed Mahito Yokota. And SMG had an amazing soundtrack.

Also, Kondo had very little to do with Wind Waker. The only new piece that we know for sure that he wrote for the score was "The Great Sea". Overall, I thought Wind Waker was one of the weaker scores in the series.

YOU BLASHPEMY!!

Oh, then Mahito sucks then.

And who wrote TWW's music?

Wind Waker's score was handled by Kenta Nagata (lead composer), Hajime Wakai, and Toru Minegishi.  They arranged many of Kondo's OoT and ALttP classics.  Toru Minegishi went on to score the Twilight Princess with Asuka Ota - which totally smashes Wind Waker's score with Captain Falcon's galaxy destroying Falcon Punch.

Soriku said:

TP composers pwn then. TWW's composers am phail.

Fix'd.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Soriku said:
Has anyone heard the music I posted yet?

I did.

"The struggle to survive", "Keen-edged blade", "The end of thought", and "It can waver and fight" were my favorite battle themes from Tales of Symphonia.

"True Mirror" was nice from Baten Kaitos, but "Rumbling the earth" owns!  So does "Violent Storm"... and "Chaotic Dance" from Baten Kaitos >>>>>> "Chaotic Dance 2" from Baten Kaitos 2.

And speaking of Baten Kaitos 2, "Iconoclasm" pwns.

ClaudeLv250 said:
Soriku said:

TP composers pwn then. TWW's composers am phail.

Fix'd.

Claude = WIN

Around the Network

Koji Kondo

Brawl Friend Code:

0430-8083-5276

Cmon Add me!!

Pm your friend code if you add me please

Soriku said:
Kenology said:
Soriku said:
Has anyone heard the music I posted yet?

I did.

"The struggle to survive", "Keen-edged blade", "The end of thought", and "It can waver and fight" were my favorite battle themes from Tales of Symphonia.

"True Mirror" was nice from Baten Kaitos, but "Rumbling the earth" owns! So does "Violent Storm"... and "Chaotic Dance" from Baten Kaitos >>>>>> "Chaotic Dance 2" from Baten Kaitos 2.

And speaking of Baten Kaitos 2, "Iconoclasm" pwns.

Oh! I forgot the End of a Thought. That pwned so hard it's not even funny.

And can you gibe me links to the Rumbling Earth,and Violent Storm? I don't own the first BK yet =/ Only own BKO. And Chaotic Dance from BK1 sucks. CD2 from BKO is awesome. And Iconoclasm does pwn. Btw, you know Shogyo-Mujo and Rolling Rivers, Rolling Clouds from BKO, right?

I can do you one better and give you some MP3's from the OST.

Shogyo-Mujo... the village from the people beneath the clouds?  Rolling rivers, rolling clouds?  You're talkin' about the Diadem airducts?  What about them?

Soriku said:
@Ken

No. Shogyo-Mujo is a song from BKO that uses the electric guitar. It's really good. Rolling Rivers, Rolling Clouds is the song in the that river area in Diadem. Music is also in the Celestial Tree Veinroots and Matar Highlands.

Oh yeah!  Ok.  I misunderstood.  Yeah, I heard "Shogyo-Mujo", but I didn't like it much.  And we have a translation discrepency with "Rolling Rivers, Rolling Clouds".  Is it track 8 on disc 2?

You know what song I really like?  "Unbequeathed puppet"... that song is win.

Yuzo Koshiro!

Y's, Streets of Rage (all of them), Actraiser, Revenge of Shinobi etc...