By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Official Blu-Ray Fan Thread

IMPORTANT: Do not post if you are going to bash HD-DVD. There's another thread for that. This is about the future, and where blu-ray is supposed to go from here.

The HD-DVD companies didn't make the right moves. The blu-ray companies made the right moves. That's all that really matters in the long rug in that format war. The important thing right now is to focus on where blu-ray can go from here.

I personally would like them to take full advantage of the java programming to make a more customizable watching experience. If I want to watch Star Wars Special edition with only the changes I want (Hand shot first, and Anakin's ghost is older), I sure as hell want that.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

YOU are making this? The person that actually thinks PS3 hurt Blu-ray? Okay...

Anyway, I would like to see lower movie prices and I want more companies to release classic movies, especially Disney.

This was kind of unnecessary, just to prove a point from another thread. But whatever...

I'll be a BluRay fan when they don't rape you on the price. Until then I'll continue to watch my upscaled DVD's (and no, that's not a bash, I just don't like paying more than $20 for a movie).

Aj_habfan said:
YOU are making this? The person that actually thinks PS3 hurt Blu-ray? Okay...

Anyway, I would like to see lower movie prices and I want more companies to release classic movies, especially Disney.

I didn't state blu-ray hurt the PS3. I think you have me confused with other posters. 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Around the Network
NYANKS said:
This was kind of unnecessary, just to prove a point from another thread. But whatever...

No, that was just a caveat.

And didn't you notice the title of that thread? 

I'm still w. DVDs but will move to Blu Ray when the PRices come back down...

They still have DVDs comin out for movies anyways so why spend all that doe when you can wait until they are cheaper...

dsoverpsp said:
I'm still w. DVDs but will move to Blu Ray when the PRices come back down...

They still have DVDs comin out for movies anyways so why spend all that doe when you can wait until they are cheaper...

Exclusive content needs to be increased more. PiP isn't really used to its best right now, neither is web content.

The only reason that I don't watch blu ray movies is because I don't have an HDTV. Other than that, the future is blu!

insomniac17 said:
The only reason that I don't watch blu ray movies is because I don't have an HDTV. Other than that, the future is blu!

Oh, god. That phrase is so annoying. I'm not one for marketing slogans, especially one that sound arrogant.

Remember "Size Does Matter" for Godzilla (In Name Only)? I didn't want to see the movie just for that phrase alone. Independence Day's "The Day We Fight Back" at least told us what the film was about.