By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Which monitor did you end up with? poll: max resolution,90% plays full hd or higher

Whats your max possible resolution?

HD+ 1600x900 33 10.68%

UXGA 1600x1200 4 1.29%

FULL HD 1920x1080 203 65.70%

WUXGA 1920x1200 23 7.44%

WQHD 2560x1440 33 10.68%

WQXGA 2560x1600 6 1.94%

QSXGA 2560x2048 5 1.62%

Total:307
JEMC said:
kirby007 said:

Not bad +150 results, we came from sd=> full HD and the way it looks now its still gonna take a while to transition towards 4k

Until good 4K monitors/TV become affordable.

Ye i suspect thats gonna be some time from now

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
kirby007 said:
JEMC said:
kirby007 said:

Not bad +150 results, we came from sd=> full HD and the way it looks now its still gonna take a while to transition towards 4k

Who knows.

It looks like manufacturers are all for pushing 4K, and it's understable given that there's very little they can do with 1080p panels anymore and OLED is still to expensive to use it in the mass market.

After all, we're already seeing sub 500 USD 4K TVs, so the transition could be faster this time.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:
kirby007 said:
JEMC said:
kirby007 said:

Who knows.

It looks like manufacturers are all for pushing 4K, and it's understable given that there's very little they can do with 1080p panels anymore and OLED is still to expensive to use it in the mass market.

After all, we're already seeing sub 500 USD 4K TVs, so the transition could be faster this time.

Really? that would be a bargain, stores i checked last time i went around had none below 2000 euro

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:
JEMC said:
kirby007 said:
JEMC said:
kirby007 said:

Who knows.

Really? that would be a bargain, stores i checked last time i went around had none below 2000 euro

http://techreport.com/blog/25929/you-can-snag-a-39-4k-display-for-404

It's not very good, but there it is. I think disolitude could try one.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:

http://techreport.com/blog/25929/you-can-snag-a-39-4k-display-for-404

It's not very good, but there it is. I think disolitude could try one.

great article, did I mention its price? which was also exactly my first thought

Around the Network

1080p. however i am playing on a small 24" TV that i abuse as a monitor. works quite well though.

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

I have a 23inch 1080p IPS monitor. Very happy with it. I will be upgrading to a 4K monitor in a few years (maybe alongside a Volta card)

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

BenQ GL2450hm does me for gaming. Had it some 2 years now. This screen was "the screen" for MLG in 2012 because of it's impressive response time/low input lag. Still holds up against the top tier today in that area.

1080p.

I have a Lenovo b750 all in one desktop. It's a ultrawide 29" inch Ips display with a resolution of 2560x1080p . I have always been a console gamer so I didn't buy this desktop strictly for gaming but I will say that it does a great job. I can play most current games in 2560x1080p with a few exceptions at high to very high settings with no problems if I leave the anti aliasing disabled. Gaming in 21:9 aspect ratio makes games seem a lot more immersive to me.

lostintheodyssey said:
I have a Lenovo b750 all in one desktop. It's a ultrawide 29" inch Ips display with a resolution of 2560x1080p . I have always been a console gamer so I didn't buy this desktop strictly for gaming but I will say that it does a great job. I can play most current games in 2560x1080p with a few exceptions at high to very high settings with no problems if I leave the anti aliasing disabled. Gaming in 21:9 aspect ratio makes games seem a lot more immersive to me.

Racing games especially love the wider aspect ratios. :)

You should try out Eyefinity and something like Dirt 3 some time.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--