By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Alone in the Dark Tech Demo

naznatips said:
ssj12 said:
omfg, gaming just became more real. With the power from the 360, PS3, and PC now a days it seems devs have more room to expand their genius. I wish R* would put something like this in next GTA game (After 4)

Rockstar's developers aren't capable of this.  Rockstar has good ideas, but awful programming.  The physics in the GTA games are barely tolerable, and they have tons of technical issues like pop-in, clipping, and framerate drops.  This will never be in a GTA game unless Rockstar simply doesn't make it, because Rockstar has no idea how to program.  I think GTAIV's trailers show that this isn't gonna change anytime soon.  

they could always buy the engine.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network

It's hardly "real" but it is innovative and intuitive.

I want to see how the actual game turns out though...if they focus on these "tape things together" gimmick too much and forget the story and lose focus...well then it'd just be a gimmick.

Here's hoping they work it into the game well.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Wasnt the Ps3 version delayed?

VGCHARTZ PRESENTS:

BI-WEEKLY LEAGUE
All VGCharterz welcome!!!
PSN: Al_Kickurass, Official Warhawk League Thread!!!-> http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=21937

I have seen this tech demo :

a bit stupid for me

I know it is only a demo but the line that is left on the ground when u throw the oil/blood bag is stupid
Same thing for the sticky tape ...

For me, these things are not so "innovative"

But I liked the inventory management ...

Edit : the light gestion at the beginnig was the best for me

Time to Work !

It looks interesting and I guess we'll have to see how everything turns out. It's a little dark for my tastes, but that's just me.

Around the Network

Looks like it's coming together very nicely indeed...The lighting is the star of the show, creating some intense atmosphere...A definite purchase from me...

Playing: Borderlands(great co-op,HUGE amount of content),Too Human(better late than never lol),Saints Row 3(Penetrator ftw),Minecraft 360,Harry Potter Lego. 

Patiently waiting for:  Tomb Raider, Borderlands 2

This actually changed my opinion on the game.

But the question is if this will serve any real purpose in the game.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Does anybody else not like the way they the pistol looks in first person? I think it could look better and maybe turned more to the right so that it doesn't look like you're aiming it to the left.

I don't think it needs to be directly down the center like other games do (for iron sights) considering you have a laser, but at least rotate it to the right a little bit. 

/agree Stof & Libuelle

I kind of cringe when they say those are real world rules but I can overlook all of that simply because its pretty damn cool.

Hopefully they have even more in store for us to increase the level of interactive depth and equally meaningful and fun ways.

To Each Man, Responsibility

That's an exemple of "emerging gameplay", and a good one, but not the first.
And sadly, as with all EG games, the result will depend on players creativity.