By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How many of you bought a 360 because of the PS3's price?

It seems like alot of Playstation fans were planning on buying a PS3 but then couldnt afford it and settled for the 360. How many of you have done that?

Platinums/100% Completion: Super Stardust HD, Linger In Shadows, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Burnout Paradise, Shaun White Snowboarding, Tomb Raider: Underworld, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator: Salvation, Assassin's Creed II, WipEout HD, Ratchet And Clank: A Crack In Time, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, God Of War, God of War II, God of War III, inFamous.

Working on: GTA IV - 87%, Batman: Arkham Asylum - 80%.

Around the Network

I could probably have afforded the PS3 even though it was ridiculously expensive here in Australia at launch (still is), but it was more perfect dark zero and dislike for Blu-Ray's trojan-horsing that changed my mind.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Well I have been owning all systems since the SNES days. But I will be honest and say that I bought the Xbox 360 first because of the PS3 price tag.

I eventually bought the PS3 when the price point was $420 for a used 60GB PS3, but I quickly opted for a brand new 80GB PS3 which was $80 more. So I got me a 80GB PS3.

So yeah in general I always purchased a Playstation format first but this generation it was the Xbox 360.

I wouldn't say "settled" for s 360. At the time, the 360 was (and arguably still is) a smarter choice. I got a 360 because I couldn't find a PS3. Luckily, the 360 turned out to be incredible.

I could have afforded (and can still afford) a PS3, but I thought buying a $600 console was an excellent way to ensure that the next generation consoles would launch at $1000. I bought an XBox 360 because it was $199 (refurbished) and there was several games on the XBox 360 I wanted to try.

For people like me the PS3 will remain a difficult sale because its exclusive game library has to be large enough to justify its price tag, and I can't see that happening until the PS3 is $100 to $150.

Around the Network

I picked 360 because everyone here own one. While theres just a small fraction of people with ps3.

I got my PS3 in Feb 07, and my 360 in Jan 08. I could have afforded both at the same time plus a Wii, DS, and PSP but I did it the way I want.

I'd say there are going to be a lot less people here then you would expect. This is a site that's going to be populated by dedicated gamers after all. I think there aren't going to be too many people dissuaded by price here if the console they really want is more expensive.

When I was saving up for the Ps3 I seriously considered just going for the 360 and enter next-gen sooner. But I decided not to and when I finally had enough money (over $600), I went to the store and noticed the Ps3 just recieved its first $100 price drop. I was so happy.

VGCHARTZ PRESENTS:

BI-WEEKLY LEAGUE
All VGCharterz welcome!!!
PSN: Al_Kickurass, Official Warhawk League Thread!!!-> http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=21937

I bought 360 because of the games.
Haven't bought a PS3, but will one day, because of the price.
I would have bought the 40g for $399 if it had BC.