By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Anticipated GotG: The Witness

Tagged games:

HoloDust said:
kitler53 said:
HoloDust said:
Though I love Myst-likes, I'm bit cautious about Witness...I'm sort of worried that puzzles will all be of the same kind, at least from what was shown up until now - hopefully, I'm dead wrong.

i think you're dead wrong.   my quick google search didn't find it but i watched an interview where jonathan said something like "please understand that this is a puzzle game so i'm only going to show puzzles from very early in the game as to not spoil the fun".

Yes, I'm honestly hoping I'm dead wrong - I would really love to see something that can match Riven (I'm one of those who thinks that is the best Myst game)

hello new best friend!  xD

...i fully expect the witness to be the best game (in the genre) since riven.  my hopes and anticipation is massive but after braid i can't not have sky-high expectations.

Around the Network

It's hard to judge the game with so little information, but I'm hopeful. I admire Blow a great deal, so I wish him success with this game.

kitler53 said:
HoloDust said:

Yes, I'm honestly hoping I'm dead wrong - I would really love to see something that can match Riven (I'm one of those who thinks that is the best Myst game)

hello new best friend!  xD

...i fully expect the witness to be the best game (in the genre) since riven.  my hopes and anticipation is massive but after braid i can't not have sky-high expectations.

Hehe, glad to see there are still fans of FPAs out there.

And, yes, I also hope for it to be best game in genre since Riven (Timelapse was released before Riven, and though it might not be the best FPA ever made, for some reason, it's still my favourite)

I was in the "hmm Sony isn´t securing many big third party exclisives " camp at first.

But I 100% reversed my stance.

The bigger indie titles of today are so much more exciting than your standard AAA garbage nowadays.

I made my decision for my consoles of choice for this gen already.

Can´t wait till the games come out and ...you canactually find the damn PS4 in stores.

kitler53 said:
HoloDust said:
Though I love Myst-likes, I'm bit cautious about Witness...I'm sort of worried that puzzles will all be of the same kind, at least from what was shown up until now - hopefully, I'm dead wrong.

i think you're dead wrong.   my quick google search didn't find it but i watched an interview where jonathan said something like "please understand that this is a puzzle game so i'm only going to show puzzles from very early in the game as to not spoil the fun".

has he showed anything yet? meaning gameplay. 

Around the Network
orniletter said:

I was in the "hmm Sony isn´t securing many big third party exclisives " camp at first.

But I 100% reversed my stance.

The bigger indie titles of today are so much more exciting than your standard AAA garbage nowadays.

I made my decision for my consoles of choice for this gen already.

Can´t wait till the games come out and ...you canactually find the damn PS4 in stores.

soooo much agreement.   i spend way more time/money on indies these days then the big publishers.

bananaking21 said:
kitler53 said:
HoloDust said:

has he showed anything yet? meaning gameplay. 

in the aforementioned interview he was doing a live demonstration.    ..remembering that i found it!

Anticipated RotG

Alsong as the puzzles have any logic within them call me interested

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Naughty dog decides when the GOTG comes.