By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft's Phil Spencer Wants Kingdom Hearts HD On Xbox, Signs The Petition

It should be on Xbox aswell if they're bring Kingdom hearts 3 to the X1

Around the Network
OttoniBastos said:
oniyide said:
OttoniBastos said:
IMO KH 1.5 and 2.5 are PS3 exclusives because jrpg dont sell well on 360.

The PS3's version sold just 1 million(plus digital) which means 360 probably would sell 100k or less based on other jrpg's examples.

The port is not profitable and SE knows that.

MS probably asked(AKA paid) for KH3/FFXV on Xone in a attempt to have Japan-centric games(like they did with Tales of Vesperia).

I dont know if the Xone will have the same demographic behavior that 360 had(the "Dudebro" install base) but based on the chartz(strong in USA but medium on europe's main countries),there is a great chance that Xone will repeat the cycle.

So then why would SE even bother putting KH3 on xbone? surely it cant do much better than it would have on 360. the system wont sell in japan like 360, it wont sell that much in Europe compared to PS4, hell US isnt even a sure thing, like it was with 360. I struggle to see why they even bothered in the first place.

Edit: NVM i saw the rest of your post. Then that is MS just wasting money on their part but good for SE if its true.

Like i said IMO MS asked/paid for a chance to Square Enix.And Square Enix probably hopes that Xone will not be as "dudebro" as 360 was.We can predict this just because last generation was like that ,but based on the chartz Xbox one is repeating the 360 demographic.

IMHO and think SE knew that it will be all dudebro again. Hell MS actually tried not to make it all dudebro with 360 in the beginning but the whole JRPG thing never really took off and was buried under dudebro stuff. They dont even seem to be trying this time around. I cant think that anyone would think their would be a demographic change between 360 to ONE the two hyped games are FPSs, one of them doesnt even have a SP component. IMO SE knew this full well, but why NOT take the money upfront. They know the games will probably sell like crap on ONE but they get money from MS and its not like it would be a hard port anyway, they would be crazy not to do it.

oniyide said:
OttoniBastos said:
oniyide said:
OttoniBastos said:

The PS3's version sold just 1 million(plus digital) which means 360 probably would sell 100k or less based on other jrpg's examples.

MS probably asked(AKA paid) for KH3/FFXV on Xone in a attempt to have Japan-centric games(like they did with Tales of Vesperia).

I dont know if the Xone will have the same demographic behavior that 360 had(the "Dudebro" install base) but based on the chartz(strong in USA but medium on europe's main countries),there is a great chance that Xone will repeat the cycle.

So then why would SE even bother putting KH3 on xbone? surely it cant do much better than it would have on 360. the system wont sell in japan like 360, it wont sell that much in Europe compared to PS4, hell US isnt even a sure thing, like it was with 360. I struggle to see why they even bothered in the first place.

Edit: NVM i saw the rest of your post. Then that is MS just wasting money on their part but good for SE if its true.

Like i said IMO MS asked/paid for a chance to Square Enix.And Square Enix probably hopes that Xone will not be as "dudebro" as 360 was.We can predict this just because last generation was like that ,but based on the chartz Xbox one is repeating the 360 demographic.

IMHO and think SE knew that it will be all dudebro again. Hell MS actually tried not to make it all dudebro with 360 in the beginning but the whole JRPG thing never really took off and was buried under dudebro stuff. They dont even seem to be trying this time around. I cant think that anyone would think their would be a demographic change between 360 to ONE the two hyped games are FPSs, one of them doesnt even have a SP component. IMO SE knew this full well, but why NOT take the money upfront. They know the games will probably sell like crap on ONE but they get money from MS and its not like it would be a hard port anyway, they would be crazy not to do it.

Yeah i remember that 360 had Blue Dragon,Lost Odissey and Tales of vesperia exclusively,but still it failed in japan.About KH3,even if fails on Xbox one,SE will definitely sell a lot on PS4 and,if i'm right,MS probably already paid some cash for SE so floping is not a problem

OttoniBastos said:
oniyide said:
OttoniBastos said:
oniyide said:
OttoniBastos said:

Yeah i remember that 360 had Blue Dragon,Lost Odissey and Tales of vesperia exclusively,but still it failed in japan.About KH3,even if fails on Xbox one,SE will definitely sell a lot on PS4 and,if i'm right,MS probably already paid some cash for SE so floping is not a problem

one has to wonder why MS would even do such a thing? just to spite SOny? its stupid, they know their version probably wont come into spitting distance of the SOny one, especially this gen where the PS4 is already in the lead and might stay that way worldwide

If it was going to happen, it would've happened already. A petition won't change anything.

Around the Network
Wright said:
Wagram said:
I'm not sure SE could release FFXHD on Xbox could they? SCE published the original in Europe and Australia.

Who knows. I was one of those people who said that Mass Effect 1 couldn't be on Ps3 because Microsoft published it.

Would work either way, because they own the rights to the games. SE owns the right of all FF, they would just have to publish it themselves of course.

Bioware of course was not with EA at the time so MS published it, then EA got the rights and published it themselves on the PS3.

It would actually make a lot of sense if they did since the third one is coming for the X1, but they probably don't have confidence that it would sell enough to be worth it.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

What's wrong with this guy?! MS has more than enough money to go and make it an exclusive.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54