By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Top 10 JRPG Stories

Tagged games:

pbroy said:
That list was so awesome, you broke the thread boarder!

Only thing it's missing is Phantasy Star 2.

haha, just noticed it now. WTF??

Never played a PS game, hoping that Phantasy Star Nova gets localised on Vita

Around the Network

Xenoblade not being on the list makes me disrespect the list entirely, lol...

For me, Xenoblade's story is right there with FFVII, if not better in many ways. In fact, knowing that Monolith Soft is basically ex-Squaresoft people who worked on the early days of FF games I know and love has caused me to drop the FF series entirely. After playing Xenoblade, I won't be going back to FF games, because I know the people who made the FF games I loved are at Monolith Soft :)

Check out my entertainment gaming channel!
^^/

Good list. Suikoden II and Valkyria Chronicles especially. FF Tactics had the makings of one of the very best but it kind of crumbled near the end, as many JRPG stories tend to do.

Xenogears? No. Perhaps IF IT ACTUALLY HAD A MIDDLE.

ZyroXZ2 said:
Xenoblade not being on the list makes me disrespect the list entirely, lol...

For me, Xenoblade's story is right there with FFVII, if not better in many ways. In fact, knowing that Monolith Soft is basically ex-Squaresoft people who worked on the early days of FF games I know and love has caused me to drop the FF series entirely. After playing Xenoblade, I won't be going back to FF games, because I know the people who made the FF games I loved are at Monolith Soft :)

Really? I thought the storytelling and the dialogues were pretty cheesy. The whole living on a Bionis premise is pretty cool but that's about it really :/

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
this is a terrible list

your a terrible list =P

Around the Network

Oh my gosh. Somebody other than yours truly... realizes that Dragon Quest V's story was pretty damn good. Man, that just makes my day.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

BasilZero said:
Wow out of the whole list, I've only played half of them :(.

I need to get back on my RPG groove (even though I technically am :P).

Yes, indeed, you really need to play Suikoden II

Final Fantasy 1 gave the whole story away. :D If you just want story press power, and turn off. GG.

People in general like the games storys of Chrono Trigger, FF7, Xenogears. They all came from 1 guy basically. Look it up. There's you hero.

Terranigma??

Xenogears??

Bullshit.