By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - December 2013 NPD Thread! - Everything is in the OP!

Soundwave said:
Brain Age audience is definitely gone entirely. Anyone who wants to argue that is just beyond delusional.

The original on DS was heavily marketed.  A massive multi-million dollar campaign that including the introduction of the Touch Generations branding and features on Oprah, Ellen, 60 Minutes, etc...    You can't do that kind of campaign again with a follow up title 7 years later.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Around the Network

Ponyless said:

It did, last NPD we had it under 2k or something like that.

Well I can't it doing better in December.

Aquamarine

480K < Wii U < 482K

PS. He is not Creamsugar... so I don't if he is reliable but GAF seems to believe in that guy too.

Viper1 said:
Soundwave said:
Brain Age audience is definitely gone entirely. Anyone who wants to argue that is just beyond delusional.

The original on DS was heavily marketed.  A massive multi-million dollar campaign that including the introduction of the Touch Generations branding and features on Oprah, Ellen, 60 Minutes, etc...    You can't do that kind of campaign again with a follow up title 7 years later.

You could do something though... I don't think it was going to be a 20 million seller or anything but should have at least been able to get to 100K.

Soundwave said:

I think so, there is a lot of cheaper access like Luminousity now

My Hummingbird

3DS Friend Code: 047387541842

Around the Network
JWeinCom said:
Viper1 said:
Soundwave said:

You could do something though... I don't think it was going to be a 20 million seller or anything but should have at least been able to get to 100K.

I think they new the brain training thing has faded.  With brain training titles now easily avilable on smart phones and sites like Luminosity.com (which market the hell ouf of themselves on TV), I think they played it right by not betting a big marketing spend on it and just accepted the quick money. Better they put resources toward something else.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

ethomaz said:

Aquamarine

480K < Wii U < 482K

PS. He is not Creamsugar... so I don't if he is reliable but GAF seems to believe in that guy too.

481k would be great for the Wii U.   That would mean it was undertracked by 120k in the US,  which saddly means it was undetracked by more then it was selling in whole months during 2013.

Not bad for wiiU I guess. Was expecting it to break at least 500k bar though. Oh well.

Predictions for LT console sales:

PS4: 120M

XB1: 70M

WiiU: 14M

3DS: 60M

Vita: 13M

Viper1 said:
JWeinCom said:
Viper1 said:
Soundwave said:

I think they new the brain training thing has faded.  With brain training titles now easily avilable on smart phones and sites like Luminosity.com (which market the hell ouf of themselves on TV), I think they played it right by not betting a big marketing spend on it and just accepted the quick money. Better they put resources toward something else.

There is a middle ground between huge marketing campaign and sending a game out to die completely. 

I wanted it to break 500k too but it was way better than I expected already.