By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why I love Nintendo

As a PC gamer I'd have thought multiple SKU's wouldn't bother you too much. Surely you'd be used to upgrading your pc all the time, buying new input devices for certain games etc?

Around the Network
Goodlife said:
As a PC gamer I'd have thought multiple SKU's wouldn't bother you too much. Surely you'd be used to upgrading your pc all the time, buying new input devices for certain games etc?

Imo the difference is huge.

People like computers because they can upgrade invididual parts once they feel ready and they have money for it.

On the other hand people like consoles because they go in a shop, buy a console, go home, put it next to the tv, and never ever change or upgrade something to it.

Many people pick consoles over PCs for gaming because they say: "You buy it once and then you can play on it with good FPS all the games that will be released in the next 5 years."

I'm sure that some people do not think like this, but I'm also sure that many thinks exactly like this. As a PC Gamer this is what I loved at my Wii. The idea that I will never have to change anything at it, not even open it. Before flameing me please note that I'm saying about the Wii because I own it, not because there aren't many other consoles which could also be given as an example.