By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Prediction: PS4 will sell 20,000,000 by Dec 31. 2014

Yeah, did not see that coming. Better make my prediction for 40m by the end of 2015.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

Well done! Even if it only gets to 19.4 - 19.7 its still close enough

2 more weeks to go!

Turkish said:

2 more weeks to go!

When you add in what those 2 weeks will likely be and add in the undertracking it looks like PS4 is very likely to be very close to 20m. What a prediction this turned out to be

Turkish said:

2 more weeks to go!

You probably don't even have to wait two weeks. It is very likely that Sony makes that 20m announcement at CES tonight.

Don't copy random editorials.

Around the Network

Congrats Turkish! Let's celebrate the 20M mark when Sony officially announce it, hopefully today :)

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

MoHasanie said:
Maybe, but I don't expect demand to remain high all year long. The PS4 is not the Wii. Also as others have mentioned, they can't produce that many ps4's,

Looks like they had no problem producing and selling even more than what most thought possible.

Dark_Feanor said:
Without games, without hype, without price cut, without new services and apps???

Wow, that will miss by a lot.

Time for a crow meal

Some real interesting comments in the bump.

dsp333 said:

Off of Second Son, Drive Club, The Order, and multiplats that can already be had on PC, 360, PS3, Xbox One, and some even on the Vita and Wii U? Really?

We're going to be lucky if it's even half of that, and no I'm not joking. But go ahead, set yourself up for crushing disappointment for all I care.

Edit: and I agree with one of the posters about, producing 16 million in 12 months alone  makes things impossible... Not that they're going to even come close to stock shortages from the end of January and beyond.

(slap me if pic is too big)