By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Truly scary games

Sadness looked like it might actually be scary, although it will probably never get made. It keeps getting pushed back and the developer (Nibris) has yet to release any game at all.

Around the Network

what actually surprisingly scared me was bioshock
Especially when the splicers would go on a creepy rant before turning around and attacking u

Soriku said:
Fatal Frame.

No offense soriku but have you played a fatal frame game because I remember you never knowing about the series before.

damkira said:

Sadness looked like it might actually be scary, although it will probably never get made. It keeps getting pushed back and the developer (Nibris) has yet to release any game at all.

Wow, I looked up this game Sadness, and it looks realllly awesome.  This is one of the first Wii games I am genuinely interested in (aside from Brawl).  I love the premise, the alleged atmosphere, all black and white?!  A gothic horror with no symbols on screen (HUD, etc.) and a save system that does not let you know when it saves? Pretty awesome.  The girl Maria in the trailer is beautiful, by the way.

Silent Hill 1, Im sure there are other games that are equally as deserving but, I just love the atmosphere the first time you play it (and shit your pants)

Wii code: 6355-7594-5867-2364 Wii name: Mo Smash Bros Brawl: 5198-6095-4615 Cue Sports Revolution: 5327-4649-0447 Mario Kart Wii: 3308-8543-5834

SIG A.W.O.L

Around the Network

I remember the first game to actually scare me was Resident Evil 2. This was the first game I ever played with my new Dual shock controller (gasp). Does everyone remember that part towards the beginning where you walk by a series of boarded up windows? I immediately figured something was going to jump out and scare the bajeezus out of me so I walked incredibly slowly.....and nothing happened.

a bit later after doing some puzzles and such I walked back by that part without paying attention, and since nothing happened before, did not expect a thing. Next thing I know zombie arms are grabbing Claire and the controller was shaking like mad......since it was 3 am and dark with no sound before this I was legitimately scared and dropped the controller.

I think Silent Hill 2 is the spookiest game I've played. Never did play the first one.

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

Resident Evil 1 for me... the creepy blocky characters lol, mostly the dogs poping out of no where scared me.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Hmm, good question. Horror films are all over the map - lots of them use cheap camera tricks to scare the heck out of you -- sudden screams, knives flashing, a sudden gleam of fangs. None of those tricks would work with videogames - an instant kill event is just an annoyance, nothing more ("oh dear, my character just got decapitated... mustn't do that again").

Neil Manke's "They Hunger" mod had some truly spine-chilling moments, while Silent Hill 3 seriously creeped me out. Those walls oozing blood... still gives me the willies.

pfft, none of those games are scary. The Scariest games ever are the Penumbra series, truly scary