By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Epiphany Thread

90's are great 80's are better

"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."

Your theories are the worst kind of popular tripe, your methods are sloppy, and your conclusions are highly questionable! You are a poor scientist. Especially if you think the moon landing was faked.

ioi + 1
Around the Network

80's were garbage, 70's were where it was at

I remember feeling like I'd had a huge epiphany once I realized that
"Soriku" was
Sora + Riku

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

phil said:
TheSource said:

Its like not even close. Pick any genre/type of music.

What if God Was One of US tops pretty much everything

Then you have Oasis, Everlast, Nirvana, Tupac, Naughty by Nature, Third Eye Blind, Green Day, R Kelly, Smash Mouth, Smashing Pumpkins, Prodigy, LL Cool J, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Nine Inch Nails, Semisonic, Crash Test Dummies.

Its not even close.

It all depends on what you're looking for. As far as punk goes, the 90s were mostly boring. The current decade, on the other hand, has delivered us The Hives, White Stripes, Dropkick Murphys, Flogging Molly, and more.

Nirvana, Green Day, and RHCP are about the only bands in that list I enjoy, though that's considerably better than the stuff you're liable to find on the airwaves these days. I can't stand "What if God was One of Us."

As far as rap, my personal taste easily skews more 90s, but then it skews even more to the 80s.

Dropkick Murphys released big albums in the 90s. White Stripes and Flogging Molly both were playing in the 90s, even if their hit albums didn't show up until the 00s.

I think every decade has a ton of good music.

blaydcor said:
80's were garbage, 70's were where it was at

I remember feeling like I'd had a huge epiphany once I realized that
"Soriku" was
Sora + Riku

holy crap... i had absolutely no idea that soriku is sora + riku. I didn't know he liked kingdom hearts that much.

anyways thats my epiphany. 

johntonsoup said:
phil said:
TheSource said:

Its like not even close. Pick any genre/type of music.

What if God Was One of US tops pretty much everything

Then you have Oasis, Everlast, Nirvana, Tupac, Naughty by Nature, Third Eye Blind, Green Day, R Kelly, Smash Mouth, Smashing Pumpkins, Prodigy, LL Cool J, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Nine Inch Nails, Semisonic, Crash Test Dummies.

Its not even close.

It all depends on what you're looking for. As far as punk goes, the 90s were mostly boring. The current decade, on the other hand, has delivered us The Hives, White Stripes, Dropkick Murphys, Flogging Molly, and more.

Nirvana, Green Day, and RHCP are about the only bands in that list I enjoy, though that's considerably better than the stuff you're liable to find on the airwaves these days. I can't stand "What if God was One of Us."

As far as rap, my personal taste easily skews more 90s, but then it skews even more to the 80s.

Dropkick Murphys released big albums in the 90s. White Stripes and Flogging Molly both were playing in the 90s, even if their hit albums didn't show up until the 00s.

I think every decade has a ton of good music.

And many of the bands that were listed in the original post started in the 80s.  All of those bands I listed were at their high points in this decade.

Around the Network

I just realized that TheSource has an Afro, it was so obvious but I just couldn't put my finger on it.