By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How many WiiU's have you sold?

How many have you sold so far?

1-2 38 23.90%

3-4 15 9.43%

5-7 3 1.89%

8-10 1 0.63%

10+ 13 8.18%

It's Nintendo's job to do that! 53 33.33%

See results. 35 22.01%

Total:158

0. But sold 1 3DS

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Around the Network
Scisca said:
I have never seen a Wii U with my own eyes. Neither the console, nor the box. It just doesn't exist over here and by "over here" I mean the 6th economy of the EU. Ridiculous. You can't sell something that doesn't exist.

well smoking and ninteno go well together...

lol if anyone did they deserve a bit of the cut because it must be really hard selling them.

I managed to get a PC gamer to get a PS3, but he ended up getting me to buy a vita.

I'm waiting to sell my 3 Zelda Wii Us. Technically I am a Wii U and 3DS owner, but they are unopened. 8 3DS/XLs on the retirement plan (first edition Blue, Zelda, Pokemon Yellow/Red/Blue XL, 3 Zelda XL)

On a sidenote: I tried to convince a friend to trade his Wii U in for an an Xbox One. He ended up trading his 360 in instead. Then he decided he wanted to go on a trip to Thailand in the summer and needs money. I told him I would give him $300 for his Xbox One with 2 games. He almost bit, but sold it to someone else for $400. Now all he has is a Wii U

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
TomaTito said:
CarcharodonKraz said:
I actually work at a game store, so I have literally sold 3 wii-us since I started in September. Other than that I have gotten quite a few customers interested In the system. The rayman demo helps a lot with that. Ubisoft just did it right.

Come on, you're on the front line, you should be doing higher numbers than one per month.

NiKKoM said:
0.. Almost one but I had to shoot the kid with the gun when I was trying to convince him...

One less messed up kid to worry about.

@flagstaad: What did you experience with the Wii? Did it sell by itself?

I just had to point in the right direction and get my friends a good price, because the official price sucks, specially compared to the competition. Backwards compatilibility is a great point for selling the machine. You already have a Wii? do you know you can still play your old games and use your controls? You never had a Wii, well you can buy a Wii U and play all those games you missed out and all the new ones that are coming now.

Biggest problem here, as I mentioned before, is that the official price sucks and the sellers are very poorly trained. The official console price is 520 U$ (Mario and Luigi bundle), is way too expensive for the not so compromised gamer, I can get them for 380 U$ in the grey market. And the sellers don't know anything about it, not about backwards compatibility, not about games available and so on.

One of the biggest problem selling the console here is the lack of FIFA or PES for the system. Too many gamers buy their consoles here just to play the latest version of those soccer games, so they don't see the point of getting a Wii U, cause it lacks versions of those games, BUT if a title from those franchises comes out and you can tell that they don't have to pay for online, it could be an easier sale.

Around the Network

"Over 9000!!!"- Vegeta from DBZ

I will buy one soon for myself.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

0, I have one, but I generally don't recommend it to people...

gergroy said:

Why not? Is there something you don't like, is there another one that you recommend? nobody asks you for your recommendation? other?

flagstaad said:
gergroy said:

Why not? Is there something you don't like, is there another one that you recommend? nobody asks you for your recommendation? other?

I dont really think the wii u has really found a market yet.  The future for the system seems uncertain and with third parties pretty much abandoning it I generally tell people to either wait and see or get a ps4 or x1.