By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Capcom Claims Its New Panta Rhei Game Engine Can Be Adapted To Any System

Tagged games:

AndrewWK said:
I don´t know what to think about this. I mean Capcom does make good games but most of them don´t look all that fantastic I mean they look good but none of their games on the PS360 was a "looker" ecept of this years DMC but that runs on UE3 and has the best level design of all Capcom games.

For what I have seen of Panta Rhei looks amazing, but we´ll see how it will keep up with other engines after 3 years.

I would like to know if Panta Rhei will support their fighting games or if they will create another engine for SF 5

Resident Evil 5 was up for several Best Graphics awards in its launch year. It was quite amazing back then, 6 was barely a step up visually to be honest.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Around the Network

Looool.
WiiU not a next gen console confirmed!

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Anfebious said:

So this means Capcom games will appear on the Wii U? Should I be excited? I honestly don't know how to feel.

Let them make exclusive games for Nintendo and the result will always be great. So just keep it Nintendo only :)

AndrewWK said:
nitekrawler1285 said:
Does this mean no more excuses for no Vita games either?

I think almost every game flopping is a really good excuse

Vita is filled with modest success stories unless you are one of those people who think every game on Vita flops yet it continues to get new game announcements from those same developers whos games supposedly flopped.  Capcom's low sales on the system has nothing to do with anyone but themselves.  

SxT was just a bad game that didn't sell well anywhere. UMvC3 on Vita released much later than the version of the game hit consoles.  it also costs more than it does on the other consoles even higher if you want to purchase it digitally.   

nitekrawler1285 said:
AndrewWK said:
nitekrawler1285 said:
Does this mean no more excuses for no Vita games either?

I think almost every game flopping is a really good excuse

Vita is filled with modest success stories unless you are one of those people who think every game on Vita flops yet it continues to get new game announcements from those same developers whos games supposedly flopped.  Capcom's low sales on the system has nothing to do with anyone but themselves.  

SxT was just a bad game that didn't sell well anywhere. UMvC3 on Vita released much later than the version of the game hit consoles.  it also costs more than it does on the other consoles even higher if you want to purchase it digitally.   

You clearly have not played that game since it was patched. Let me tell you it is a fine fighting game now.

Anyhow, I know there are games on the Vita that did fine. Especially LBP Vita was a major success. It is just the perception big publishers have that every game on the Vita is a flop, and Capcom has not much money to speculate with so I would not expect them to support the Vita. Despite that I still like that thing so who cares?

Around the Network

Well I was looking forward to seeing what Capcom could do with Deep Down until they announced it was free to play.

Any system? Great, another developer switching to mobile.

Player2 said:

Any system? Great, another developer switching to mobile.

You haven´t heard? Capcom will invest some of their MH4 profits into phone games about 40mill.

But to be fair they have done a nice job on iOS so far. 

Wii U old-gen?

ethomaz said:
Wii U old-gen?

its an own gen