By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why do we keep here different account stories about Wii u hardware power.

supernihilist said:
Apart from Multiplatform games that run worst because of deadlines and budget constraints (accept it haters), the only proof of WiiU power that we have is Nintendo firts party offerings.
All of them look like enhanced Wii games tbh, but very enhanced also. One thing that ive noticed is that every Nintendo game features those post processing effects as well a strong use of shading like ultra glossy.
All in all, i think WiiU architecture really fits Nintendos needs and their Ips aesthetics.
I just fail to comprehend how people kill Nintendo for making the best for themselves...

nintedno could have easily made wiiu way more powerful, instead they chose they wanted a console that very small and used a very low power consumption.

Around the Network
drake4 said:

really we do? ps3/360 exlusives still look much better then anything on wiiu imo, and most multiplatform games are still running much better on 360/ps3 even after a year.

Sure, but they have been working on those consoles for years, Wii U will have better looking games this year. And the launch games were pretty much on par or slightly better looking, it was performance issues where it was lacking, lag and stuttering.

And NO specs have been confirmed yet, that 160 shader count you keep counting, I wouldn't bet on that.

FarleyMcFirefly said:
supernihilist said:

Xbox 360/ PS3

WiiU

XONE

PS4

lol, except SS3 Goku couldn't beat fat Majin Buu.

Let's settle this.

PS4:

Hynad said:
FarleyMcFirefly said:
supernihilist said:

Xbox 360/ PS3

WiiU

XONE

PS4

Let's settle this.

PS4:

No. the CPU is to week and the GPU while great is not a top GPU, not at all.

Goku SSJ4 would be moar like a i73600k a GTX 690 4GB and 16GB RAM

And beyond that Gogeta SSJ4 would be Supercomputer that analizes the Hadron collider data?

LOL

drake4 said:
supernihilist said:
Apart from Multiplatform games that run worst because of deadlines and budget constraints (accept it haters), the only proof of WiiU power that we have is Nintendo firts party offerings.
All of them look like enhanced Wii games tbh, but very enhanced also. One thing that ive noticed is that every Nintendo game features those post processing effects as well a strong use of shading like ultra glossy.
All in all, i think WiiU architecture really fits Nintendos needs and their Ips aesthetics.
I just fail to comprehend how people kill Nintendo for making the best for themselves...

nintedno could have easily made wiiu way more powerful, instead they chose they wanted a console that very small and used a very low power consumption.

thats how all Nintendo consoles are built. small power consumption means less heat means less failure rate.

imagine Nintendo released a console like the 360 that had such an incredible failure rate...it would be disastrous both in terms of public image and in terms of repair cost etc.

Dont blame them for using their heads instead of being a no brainer all power bwahahahaha dudebro like Msoft

Around the Network
supernihilist said:
Hynad said:
FarleyMcFirefly said:
supernihilist said:

Xbox 360/ PS3

WiiU

XONE

PS4

Let's settle this.

PS4:

And beyond that Gogeta SSJ4 would be Supercomputer that analizes the Hadron collider data?

LOL

Nah. SS4 Gogeta would be Steam Box (or PC). =P

There's a big difference in power between the XBO and the PS4. Maybe not when it comes to the CPU, but when it comes to the rest, yes. Many report a difference as big as 50% in some aspects of the console.

And Supercomputers would be Super Sayan God. Try to keep up. =P

Hynad said:
supernihilist said:
Hynad said:
FarleyMcFirefly said:
supernihilist said:

Xbox 360/ PS3

WiiU

XONE

PS4

Let's settle this.

PS4:

LOL

There's a big difference in power between the XBO and the PS4. Maybe not when it comes to the CPU, but when it comes to the rest, yes. Many report a difference as big as 50% in some aspects of the console.

Super sayan what? Modern shit doesnt count!

The difference in power between Majin Buu and Goku SSJ3 maxed out is more or less that difference youre talkin about.

Going by the original manga the most powerful being is Vegito SSJ2 who trashes Super Buu + Mighty Gohan. Going by standalone characters Mighty Gohan is the strongest as he is the legendary Super saiyan. (is it?)

SSJ3 is PS4. Which is far away from powerhouses like i7 + GTX 690 that would be Mystic Gohan.

SubiyaCryolite said:
The accounts aren't different at all, people just want to hype either the positive or negative aspect to suit their agendas. We need X, Bayonetta 2 and Project CARS to be released so that this entire debate can end once and for all. I already know where I stand but hopefully those 3 games will finally make people see the light. No more excuses after that from anyone.

Do you really think this debate will EVER end?  Let's be realistic here.

I have a buddy (who is going though some stuff at home, and therfore, living with his dad and inlaws) who told me the other day, he was watching his kids play COD Ghosts on the Xbox One, and that it looked FAR superior (FAR !) to the PS4 version that the inlaws were playing upstairs...  He said he couldn't actually believe it was PS4.  I didn't bother arguing with him, because at the end of the day everything is subjective and people are going to have their opinions.  I just told him it was color pallet most likely that he was seeing.

sidmeiernintifan said:
I don't have a problem with the specs. What bothers me is the controller making the console more expensive that it needs to be.

SM3DW used the controller a bit (touching, blowing, yeah I said it).  I'm sure we'll see more games start to use it.  It's here to stay, so might as well get used to it.  Besides, if you're quick enough, you can get the Wii U mario bundle for 260-280 shipped / out the door.  Not sure what price you are waiting for, but I thought it was a pretty good deal given the library right now and incoming this year (so I bought one).

supernihilist said:
Hynad said:
supernihilist said:
Hynad said:
FarleyMcFirefly said:
supernihilist said:

Xbox 360/ PS3

WiiU

XONE

PS4

Let's settle this.

PS4:

LOL

Super sayan what? Modern shit doesnt count!

The difference in power between Majin Buu and Goku SSJ3 maxed out is more or less that difference youre talkin about.

Going by the original manga the most powerful being is Vegito SSJ2 who trashes Super Buu + Mighty Gohan. Going by standalone characters Mighty Gohan is the strongest as he is the legendary Super saiyan. (is it?)

SSJ3 is PS4. Which is far away from powerhouses like i7 + GTX 690 that would be Mystic Gohan.

No. The legendary Super Saiyan is Broly. As for Super Saiyan God, unlike the SSJ4 transformation in GT (of which Toriyama only oversaw the production), it is actually a creation of Akira Toriyama for the movie Battle of Gods. That being said, it is unclear which transformation is the strongest, but logic itself (yeah, you can apply some in this case) gives the edge to the Super Saiyan God. 

As for this power thing going on, I'll be bowing out since I'm not really sure how serious you're taking it. xD