By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - As the domino's begin to fall....

""You have to proveme wrong with EVIDENCE. Any slipup in my words ONLY prove I stated my point incorrectly, NOT that the point in itself is wrong.
""

==> Considering how it will be hard to bring factual evidences (statistics or surveys), I m not able to prove u are wrong
But you are not able to prove u are right neither ...
this is an endless discussion like "Does God exist ?"

Personnaly, I still consider the presence of 2 format, supported by different studios, was a very big brake. It seems rationnal to me. Ur claim (If I understand it well) is a unrationnal claim.

Time to Work !

Around the Network

libellule said:
""You just guessed, and there are no points for guessing. You really don't seem to want to admit that.""

==> u were guessing too,
u just have guessed wrong this time

Fail, since I have not been insisting HD-DVD would win. I've stated it could happen, but that's not guessing. That's just stating a possibility.

""Prove it. I'm basing this off of established surveys, and the fact that the PS3 is rarely cited as a reason for companies switching to blu-ray. Where's your proof otherwise, aside from insisting I have to be crazy? ""

==> LOL, surveys ?
where are the links ?

I've linked to them before on this site. Jus search a little.

and more important, if only 50% of the PS3 owners use the PS3 as a BR, u can add +5M to the BR player userbase. If we consider the BR player userbase is something like 1M WW, it is a 500% boost !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No. That's 50% who are aware it is a blu-ray player, not that they use it.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

No, I don't think that the Blu Ray win will help the PS3 b.c:

1. ppl who get the ps3 get the ps3 for the ps3 not the blu ray
2. if they wanted the blu ray then they would just get it by itself for cheaper

also: the features for the price is good but a consumer compares the ps3 to other systems like the wii making it look expensive!!!

LordTheNightKnight said:

libellule said:
""You just guessed, and there are no points for guessing. You really don't seem to want to admit that.""

==> u were guessing too,

Fail, since I have not been insisting HD-DVD would win. I've stated it could happen, but that's not guessing. That's just stating a possibility.

==> then I have claiming the same as you. As everybody I suppose since everything is possible with different probability ...
But I have bet the BR will win because of the PS3 and the last WarneBros move. 

""Prove it. I'm basing this off of established surveys, and the fact that the PS3 is rarely cited as a reason for companies switching to blu-ray. Where's your proof otherwise, aside from insisting I have to be crazy? ""

==> LOL, surveys ?
where are the links ?

==> the only evidnece I need his the statement from Reuter : HD DVD is dead.

and more important, if only 50% of the PS3 owners use the PS3 as a BR, u can add +5M to the BR player userbase. If we consider the BR player userbase is something like 1M WW, it is a 500% boost !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

==> u are right,

but I dont see how it is possible to start from 2:1 in favor of the HD DVD and finish at 2:1 in favor of the BR considering HD DVD player are a LOT cheaper. EXCEPT If u consider the PS3 userbase.

No poor surveys needed ...

Time to Work !

libellule said:
LordTheNightKnight said:

libellule said:

==> u were guessing too,

==> then I have claiming the same as you. As everybody I suppose since everything is possible with different probability ...
But I have bet the BR will win because of the PS3 and the last WarneBros move.

==> LOL, surveys ?
where are the links ?

==> the only evidnece I need his the statement from Reuter : HD DVD is dead.

*** Because I asked for proof HD-DVD is gone, not for proof PS3 was the main reason. Actually I did. Did you even read my full comment?

==> u are right,

but I dont see how it is possible to start from 2:1 in favor of the HD DVD and finish at 2:1 in favor of the BR considering HD DVD player are a LOT cheaper. EXCEPT If u consider the PS3 userbase.

No poor surveys needed ...

*** HD-DVD started with a 30% lead, not a 2:1 lead, and by the end blu-ray was in the lead 85%:15%, not 2:1.

Plus the PS3 being there only proves it was there. You first have to look for OTHER POSSIBLE CAUSES to determine if the PS3 was the primary one.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Around the Network

HappySqurriel...how do you many of the most anticipated titles will be Wii exclusive?....for all we know,most 3rd parties might continue putting their "big" titles only on PS3/360...no one knows.

JGarret said:
HappySqurriel...how do you many of the most anticipated titles will be Wii exclusive?....for all we know,most 3rd parties might continue putting their "big" titles only on PS3/360...no one knows.

True. It's would take more hit high profile 3rd party games to convince developers to support the Wii, but as long as 360 and PS3 games are hits, they are also going to get support.

""HD-DVD started with a 30% lead, not a 2:1 lead, and by the end blu-ray was in the lead 85%:15%, not 2:1.""

wait,
+30% lead ?
something like 60% vs 30 % ? something like 2 : 1 ?
and the 85% vs 15% was only true for the very very end ...

""Plus the PS3 being there only proves it was there. You first have to look for OTHER POSSIBLE CAUSES to determine if the PS3 was the primary one.""

==> but we dont have any test to prove we are wrong ro not ...
I dont have others reasons than the PS3 to explain the BR win (or at least, the BR increase in market share)

Time to Work !

Well,I mean,I own all 3 systems,so I won´t miss out on anything I want,but I´d at least wait till the end of this year to make such claims.

libellule said:
""HD-DVD started with a 30% lead, not a 2:1 lead, and by the end blu-ray was in the lead 85%:15%, not 2:1.""

wait,
+30% lead ?
something like 60% vs 30 % ? something like 2 : 1 ?

30% lead means 130% to 100%, or a ratio of 13:10.

and the 85% vs 15% was only true for the very very end ...

But that was due to no HD-DVD releases, not the PS3.

""Plus the PS3 being there only proves it was there. You first have to look for OTHER POSSIBLE CAUSES to determine if the PS3 was the primary one.""

==> but we dont have any test to prove we are wrong ro not ...
I dont have others reasons than the PS3 to explain the BR win (or at least, the BR increase in market share)

I do, and I already stated that earlier in this thread. The blu-ray library grew faster, hence there more films to buy. This happened due to greater studio support, which was due to greater DRM (Fox has credited that), not the PS3.