By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN's Game of the Year

FlamingWeazel said:
There were no xbox exclusives the last few years to get nominated for anything, even the most dedicated xbox fan has to see that.

Halo 4?

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
FlamingWeazel said:
There were no xbox exclusives the last few years to get nominated for anything, even the most dedicated xbox fan has to see that.

Halo 4?

What awards should that have won?? None, not up against the likes of naughty dog and other much more critically acclaimed games..

FlamingWeazel said:
d21lewis said:
FlamingWeazel said:

Halo 4?

What awards should that have won?? None, not up against the likes of naughty dog and other much more critically acclaimed games..

I don't know what it should have won.  You said no Xbox Exclusives were nominated for anything for the last few years.  IGN nominated it for game of the year in 2012.  You have been proven wrong.  There is nothing more to say.

You also should have had sex with that girl from Black Snake Moan.  She was begging for it.

d21lewis said:
FlamingWeazel said:
d21lewis said:
FlamingWeazel said:

Halo 4?

I don't know what it should have won.  You said no Xbox Exclusives were nominated for anything for the last few years.  IGN nominated it for game of the year in 2012.  You have been proven wrong.  There is nothing more to say.

You also should have had sex with that girl from Black Snake Moan.  She was begging for it.

Was not wrong, ms has had nothing worthy of game of the year for years. Nothing that had any chance of winning, most sites or Game developer awards even nominated halo 4.

FlamingWeazel said:
d21lewis said:
FlamingWeazel said:
d21lewis said:
FlamingWeazel said:

Halo 4?

Was not wrong, ms has had nothing worthy of game of the year for years. Nothing that had any chance of winning, most sites or Game developer awards even nominated halo 4.

I do not understand you.  You said nothing got nominated for years.  YOU ARE WRONG.  Why are you even debating this?  IGN (The site mentioned in this thread title) nominated Halo 4 for game of the year in 2012.  It happened.  I'm sorry it happened but it did!  You said nothing of quality or chance of winning.  You are wrong and I am sexy.  Accept it.

Now, call me daddy.

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
FlamingWeazel said:
d21lewis said:
FlamingWeazel said:
d21lewis said:
FlamingWeazel said:

Halo 4?

I do not understand you.  You said nothing got nominated for years.  YOU ARE WRONG.  Why are you even debating this?  IGN (The site mentioned in this thread title) nominated Halo 4 for game of the year in 2012.  It happened.  I'm sorry it happened but it did!  You said nothing of quality or chance of winning.  You are wrong and I am sexy.  Accept it.

Now, call me daddy.

I worded it wrong, I meant there was nothing worthy enough to get nominated, but yes I agree you are sexy. IGN did good I guess.

d21lewis said:

Now, call me daddy.

no, i need a spanking to learn my lesson

NobleTeam360 said:

I could make a snappy little joke about this but I will refrain and congrats to Naughty Dog. Amazing developer.

Dont make a joke you will get banned like i did for a day.

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~
FlamingWeazel said:
DevilRising said:
People are so enthralled with the game.........honestly, if it had been a film, it would have been direct to dvd. It's okay, but nowhere near the hype.

1 hour of the 18 hour game is cut scenes, third person shootring stealth, brutal melee, crafting..doesn't get any gamier. So a game having a good story makes it a movie?? it's as gamey as it gets,. please stop with this nonsense, makes you look petty and silly, and makes zero sense.

The 20 hours I have put into the amazing multiplayer was a movie?

1. No one ever said a game had to be ALL cut scenes to be attempting to make itself an "interactive cinematic experience". In fact cutscenes have little to do with that. It's the REST of the game that tries to mimick the cinematic appraoch of a film or a show like "The Walking Dead".

2. Again, for those who apparently ignore previous posts, I brought up the story because most people I hear rave about TLOU, that's what they talk about. The story, and how amazing they think it is. I was pointing out my OWN personal impressions of the story, having seen a good chunk of it myself.

3. Nothing in my statements had the slightest bit of "petty or silly" in it. They were my own personal impressions of the game, and it's MY personal opinion. I don't honestly have to stop with a goddamn thing. Why? Because this is the internet, and I'm sharing my personal opinon on why I think TLOU is not "Game of the Year". I said quite clearly that I don't think it's a BAD game. It's not. I just think it's overrrated. And I certainly don't PERSONALLY think it deserves GOTY when so many other great games came out in 2013. That's MY opinion, not something for anyone to get emotional over.

Just because you don't share my opinion doesn't make it "nonsense", and you overreacted and getting a bit nasty about it to boot, makes you look "petty and silly", not me. If you love the game, and think it's GOTY worthy, then congratulations for having your own opinion. I expressed mine. And since you don't agree with it, you're more than welcome to do what anyone else is expected to do: get over it. Differences of opinion happen because people are different. That's life. Have a nice day.

DevilRising said:
FlamingWeazel said:
DevilRising said:
People are so enthralled with the game.........honestly, if it had been a film, it would have been direct to dvd. It's okay, but nowhere near the hype.

1 hour of the 18 hour game is cut scenes, third person shootring stealth, brutal melee, crafting..doesn't get any gamier. So a game having a good story makes it a movie?? it's as gamey as it gets,. please stop with this nonsense, makes you look petty and silly, and makes zero sense.

The 20 hours I have put into the amazing multiplayer was a movie?

1. No one ever said a game had to be ALL cut scenes to be attempting to make itself an "interactive cinematic experience". In fact cutscenes have little to do with that. It's the REST of the game that tries to mimick the cinematic appraoch of a film or a show like "The Walking Dead".

2. Again, for those who apparently ignore previous posts, I brought up the story because most people I hear rave about TLOU, that's what they talk about. The story, and how amazing they think it is. I was pointing out my OWN personal impressions of the story, having seen a good chunk of it myself.

3. Nothing in my statements had the slightest bit of "petty or silly" in it. They were my own personal impressions of the game, and it's MY personal opinion. I don't honestly have to stop with a goddamn thing. Why? Because this is the internet, and I'm sharing my personal opinon on why I think TLOU is not "Game of the Year". I said quite clearly that I don't think it's a BAD game. It's not. I just think it's overrrated. And I certainly don't PERSONALLY think it deserves GOTY when so many other great games came out in 2013. That's MY opinion, not something for anyone to get emotional over.

Just because you don't share my opinion doesn't make it "nonsense", and you overreacted and getting a bit nasty about it to boot, makes you look "petty and silly", not me. If you love the game, and think it's GOTY worthy, then congratulations for having your own opinion. I expressed mine. And since you don't agree with it, you're more than welcome to do what anyone else is expected to do: get over it. Differences of opinion happen because people are different. That's life. Have a nice day.

Nice backtrack, you implied it was not much of a game but a movie. The game is as GAME as it gets, it so happens to have amazingtory and characters to boot. You spread BS about it's gameplay and got called out, just accept it.