By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Did DMC4 360 really outsell the PS3 version in EU?

madskillz said:
LOL at the folks that continue to present info to MikeB ...

See wall - lower head - accelerate - ram at full force - to get the same effect as arguing with him.

Why is it a shocker if the 360 version outsold the PS3 version? Are folks so blind to think that 'Because-because-because DMC1, 2 and 3 were on tah Playstation, it will sell better on tah Playstation.'

Deal with it - Japan is the only reason why it outsold the 360 version anyhow. And trust me - I would rather have the small load times vs. a mandatory install to play the game. I am surprised that many PS3 owners even bought the game.

I love this post.

Maybe you should check the updated numbers for "Others". PS3 DMC4 did sell more, by about 30k.

Did I mention that I love this post?

Around the Network

Spanish chart:

01. Wii Play (Wii)
02. More Brain Training from Dr. Kawashima (DS)
03. Dr. Kawashima’s Brain Training (DS)
04. Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3 (Wii)
05. Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (DS)
06. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (PS3)
07. Devil May Cry 4 Collector’s Edition (PS3)
08. Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (Wii)
09. Devil May Cry 4 (PS3)
10. Burnout Paradise (PS3)

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Thanks to ThisIsLiving2 within another thread:

Sales 04-10th febrary (France)

1.DEVIL MAY CRY 4 (Capcom) PS3 (E)
2.MARIO & SONIC AUX JEUX OLYMPIQUES (Sega) NDS (E)
3.Wii PLAY (Nintendo) Wii (-2)
4.SUPER MARIO GALAXY (Nintendo) Wii (-1)
5.BURNOUT PARADISE (Elecronic Arts) PS3 (-3)
6.DEVIL MAY CRY 4 (Capcom) 360 (E)
7.MARIO PARTY 8 (Nintendo) Wii (-)
8.PROGRAMME D'ENTRAINEMENT CEREBRAL DU Dr. KAWASHIMA (Nintendo) NDS (-3)
9.NEW SUPER MARIO BROS. (Nintendo) NDS (-5)
10.CALL OF DUTY 4: MODERN WARFARE (Activision) PS3 (-4)
11.DEVIL MAY CRY 4 Collector (Capcom) PS3 (E)
12.PROGRAMME D'ENTRAINEMENT CEREBRAL AVANCE (Nintendo) NDS (-2)
13.MARIO PARTY DS (Nintendo) NDS (R)
14.DEVIL MAY CRY 4 Collector (Capcom) 360 (E)
15.RAYMAN CONTRE LES LAPINS ENCORE PLUS CRETINS (Ubisoft) Wii (-2)
16.ASTERIX AUX JEUX OLYMPIQUES (Atari) NDS (-4)
17.GUITAR HERO III: LEGENDS OF ROCK (Activision) Wii (-8)
18.ZELDA: PHANTOM HOURGLASS (Nintendo) NDS (-3)
19.THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: TWILIGHT PRINCESS (Nintendo) Wii (-3)
20.CEREBRALE ACADEMIE sur Wii (Nintendo) Wii (-6)

http://www.gamekult.com/blog/marchiavel/94973/Charts+France+du+4+au+10+fevrier+2008+Devil+May+Cry+4+en+jug

Like in other European countries (except for only the UK, a small minority of the European market) the PS3 version of DMC4 beats the 360 version, like all the other cross platform games.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Italy, week ended February 10
01 - Devil May Cry 4 (PS3) [14.000]
02 - Devil May Cry 4 (360) [6.000]
03 - PES 2008 (PS2) [4.100]
04 - More Brain Training (DS) [3.700]
05 - Brain Training (DS) [3.650]
06 - FIFA 08 (PS2) [3.550]
07 - Turok (PS3) [3.100]
08 - Burnout Paradise (PS3) [2.950]
09 - Assassin's Creed (PS3) [2.800]
10 - FIFA 08 (PSP) [2.650]
11 - Wii Play (WII) [2.600]

This one has figures, the PS3 version outsold the 360 version more than twice as much for Italy.

PS3 vs 360 sales

A summary:

- The 360 version of DMC4 outsold the PS3 version for the UK, but at a slightly lower ratio than you would expect based on install base reported by VGChartz.

- We have charts showing the PS3 version outselling the 360 version for Germany, France, Spain, Italy, Sweden and the Netherlands. This just like any other cross platform PS3/360 game on these charts.

- There are indications the UK accounts for about 20-22% of the European PS3 market based on Sony statements regarding christmas sales and European PS2 install base.

I think these are clear indications that VGChartz was wrong, probably giving too much weight to UK sales.

PS3 vs 360 sales

Around the Network

All the charts for the DMC4 debut week can be seen here:
http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=0&id=16842

As Mike said X360 version in debut week won only in UK (as we know of) while PS3 won in 5 countries as we know of (Germany, Italy, France, Sweden and Netherlands). Data for Spain isn't avalible fot that week but it can be assumed that PS3 have won (in the next week both collector and regular edition for PS3 are on the chart while for X360 they aren't).

The most important is the fact that PS3 version won in France with probably a big margin. It's quite possible that all X360 version advantage in UK was compensated by France' sales.

Just the PS3 vs 360:

Germany:

3 (-) Devil May Cry 4 (PS3)
5 (-) Turok (PS3)
7 (-) Devil May Cry 4 - Collector's Edition (PS3)

No 360 games on this top 10 chart.

France:

1.DEVIL MAY CRY 4 (Capcom) PS3 (E)
5.BURNOUT PARADISE (Elecronic Arts) PS3 (-3)

6.DEVIL MAY CRY 4 (Capcom) 360 (E)
10.CALL OF DUTY 4: MODERN WARFARE (Activision) PS3 (-4)
11.DEVIL MAY CRY 4 Collector (Capcom) PS3 (E)

14.DEVIL MAY CRY 4 Collector (Capcom) 360 (E)

Italy:
01 - Devil May Cry 4 (PS3) [14.000]
02 - Devil May Cry 4 (360) [6.000]
07 - Turok (PS3) [3.100]
08 - Burnout Paradise (PS3) [2.950]
09 - Assassin's Creed (PS3) [2.800]

The PS3 version outselling the 360 version by more than twice as much, no other 360 games in this chart.

Spain:

06. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (PS3)
07. Devil May Cry 4 Collector’s Edition (PS3)
09. Devil May Cry 4 (PS3)
10. Burnout Paradise (PS3)

No 360 games on this chart.

The Netherlands:

3 new 1 DEVIL MAY CRY 4 (PS3) CAPCOM
4 new 1 DEVIL MAY CRY 4 (XBOX 360) CAPCOM
8 4 3 BURNOUT/PARADISE (PS3) ELECTRONIC ARTS

Sweden:
01 Devil May Cry 4 (PS3)
02 Devil May Cry 4 (360)
07 Guitar Hero 3: Legends of Rock (PS3)
10 Uncharted Drake´s Fortune (PS3) (exclusive)
13 Burnout Paradise (PS3)

18 Guitar Hero 3: Legends of Rock (360)

In addition to this there have been indications the PS3 performs relatively better in Norway than in Sweden, better in Belgium than in the Netherlands, better in Austria and Zwitserland than in Germany, the PS3 does well in Eastern Europe like in countries such as Poland, etc. Lots of other countries are unaccounted for but IMO its more likely the ratios are similar to fellow European mainland countries rather than compared to the UK market.

PS3 vs 360 sales

madskillz said:
LOL at the folks that continue to present info to MikeB ...

See wall - lower head - accelerate - ram at full force - to get the same effect as arguing with him.

Why is it a shocker if the 360 version outsold the PS3 version? Are folks so blind to think that 'Because-because-because DMC1, 2 and 3 were on tah Playstation, it will sell better on tah Playstation.'

Deal with it - Japan is the only reason why it outsold the 360 version anyhow. And trust me - I would rather have the small load times vs. a mandatory install to play the game. I am surprised that many PS3 owners even bought the game.

I can't believe you posted that Madskillz. You are one of the most uncompromising and uninteligable posters when it comes to a fair disscusion between Ps3 and 360. From what I've read members don't ridicule and talk about you negatively despite this. Treat others as you would as have them treat you.

^hahaha HE'S NEW TOO! That's awesome. It's true you can take what madskillz said and swap his name instead of mike. You get the same argument, the same reasoning, and the same effect.

I may be a new member but I've been lurking this site for quite some time now. Enough time to notice posting patterns and behaviors for many of the common members.