By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Did DMC4 360 really outsell the PS3 version in EU?

MikeB apparently the game was out for only 2 days or so. Maybe Ps3 owners didn't purchase it in the first day and later in the week. That will show up for this weeks numbers. Another thing we need to take into consideration is the ten extra euros. Let's wait it out for a full week to come to conclusions. 4,000 difference for a game that has a smaller user base and 10euros more with only 2days worth of sales isn't a big concern with me.

Around the Network
MikeB said:
koffieboon said:
MikeB, since you're always questioning PS3 numbers, constantly claiming them to be undertracked, why do you even still come to this place? Ioi's data shows more or less a tie in sales for the game and you have no hard data to support your claim other than your feeling the PS3 title outsold the 360 version.

I am not always questioning VGChartz figures, but I try to help when I spot clear indications something is wrong, like seems to be the case here. I trusted VGChartz with regard to North American, Australian and UK data until Chart Track, NPD and newspapers reported other data.

I love VGChartz' efforts and it's nice to be able to talk about game and console sales on a dedicated forum. I would just hope the fanboys here would be more open to discussion. The more research you guys help with the better, the fewer personal cheapshots (if additional data does not suit your personal wishes) the better as well.

Well, I never hear you complain about other consoles being undertracked or the PS3 being overtracked. And in this case you don't have any hard evidence at all. The only actual number we have is the percentage difference between both versions in the UK, which is heavily favouring the 360 version. 

mrstickball said:
MikeB - ever notice that the UK is a much, much larger market than the markets your talking about, and *maybe* the fact the UK version sold about 1.5:1 would be enough to merely send the X360 version 4,000 units over the PS3?

Europe is made up of many small markets, the UK market is a small market as well, which by itself is a small minority of the whole.

Some consoles sell there better than others (in comparison to other European countries), this also has to do with localization efforts (the native language for UK people is English just like is the case for the United States). Microsoft performs as good as no localization while for example Norwegian people (from a country with a tiny population of 4 million), Italian, Spanish, etc can all play many of Sony's PS3 exclusives with native voices and text.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

koffieboon said:
MikeB said:
koffieboon said:
MikeB, since you're always questioning PS3 numbers, constantly claiming them to be undertracked, why do you even still come to this place? Ioi's data shows more or less a tie in sales for the game and you have no hard data to support your claim other than your feeling the PS3 title outsold the 360 version.

I am not always questioning VGChartz figures, but I try to help when I spot clear indications something is wrong, like seems to be the case here. I trusted VGChartz with regard to North American, Australian and UK data until Chart Track, NPD and newspapers reported other data.

I love VGChartz' efforts and it's nice to be able to talk about game and console sales on a dedicated forum. I would just hope the fanboys here would be more open to discussion. The more research you guys help with the better, the fewer personal cheapshots (if additional data does not suit your personal wishes) the better as well.

Well, I never hear you complain about other consoles being undertracked or the PS3 being overtracked. And in this case you don't have any hard evidence at all. The only actual number we have is the percentage difference between both versions in the UK, which is heavily favouring the 360 version.

Quite honestly I don't really follow Wii sales (nor DS or PSP, to a lesser extend I do follow PS2 sales), I focuss mostly on PS3 vs 360. But yes if I see clear indications of PS3 overtracking and 360 undertracking I will share my findings.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Me thinks U.K sales made the difference. DMC4(360) sales in the U.K broke the deadlock. Could be close though with the 4K difference.

Heeeeyyyy!!!! <Snap>

Around the Network
kamil said:
@MikeB: I think you should stick only to DMC related charts. The charts with Burnout/AC doesn't have to mean that PS3 version of DMC also wins, DMC4 is sold at higher price in many countries.

Call of Duty 4, Guitar Hero 3, PES 2008 I highlighted as well. I was using this data to prove a point of what's the current trend for those countries. I will add the most recent charts when they come available, I think they will backup the points I made so far.

PS3 vs 360 sales

Their are still more 360 owners in Europe than PS3 owners and its not only new console owners that buy games. So technically the 360 version of every game should be selling more.

PC Gamer
Ickalanda said:
Their are still more 360 owners in Europe than PS3 owners and its not only new console owners that buy games. So technically the 360 version of every game should be selling more.

But that's not the case (also according to VGChartz most of the time currently), either the PS3 install base in undertracked or PS3 owners are buying more games on average per user. (or both)

One reason why I think Devil May Cry 4 sells better on the PS3 on average per user is because Devil May Cry was popular amongst Playstation 2 users.

PS3 vs 360 sales

Here in France, the 360 version is cheaper than the PS3

360 >> 60€
PS3 >> 70€

it wasnt a big difference