By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Wii U pact- Invest in 3rd party on the Wii U in 2014! Less than a week to go, the Pact is coming to an end. - 128 eshop games on clearance this week!

Tagged games:

PacMan and the Ghostly Adventures 2: Rate it

A 8 9.20%

A- 3 3.45%

B+ 6 6.90%

B 8 9.20%

B- 6 6.90%

C+ 11 12.64%

C- 6 6.90%

D 6 6.90%

F 12 13.79%

Other, post below ( extre... 20 22.99%

Total:86
impertinence said:

You know I love you Ryan, but your taste in videogames (or more likely your desire to promote every single turd out there as long as it helps the Wii U) does not necessarily play so well with my own interests. I am hoping for a second opinion on this.

People of the world: How do you like How to Survive?

Don't waste you're time and money on it. The game is mediocre at best and is missing online co op. I bought it and was disappointed with it for a few reasons....

1. It's a short game, they have some great ideas in there but the game is too short and a lot of the stuff you might or might have enjoyed just doesn't have enough time or content to flesh out so to speak. 

2. No online co op

3. Weapons pretty much suck, though some of the melee stuff like boomerangs can be pretty awesome once you upgrade them. 

4. I believe the level cap is at 15, I dislike the level cap and some of the stuff on the upgrade tree should have been a part of your basic skills, like lighting a fire.

5. The voice acting is horrible. Everyone has a sterotypical voice.

I would rate the game a 5.5/10, it can be fun but gets boring really fast.

Around the Network
cannonballZ said:
impertinence said:

You know I love you Ryan, but your taste in videogames (or more likely your desire to promote every single turd out there as long as it helps the Wii U) does not necessarily play so well with my own interests. I am hoping for a second opinion on this.

People of the world: How do you like How to Survive?

Don't waste you're time and money on it. The game is mediocre at best and is missing online co op. I bought it and was disappointed with it for a few reasons....

1. It's a short game, they have some great ideas in there but the game is too short and a lot of the stuff you might or might have enjoyed just doesn't have enough time or content to flesh out so to speak. 

2. No online co op

3. Weapons pretty much suck, though some of the melee stuff like boomerangs can be pretty awesome once you upgrade them. 

4. I believe the level cap is at 15, I dislike the level cap and some of the stuff on the upgrade tree should have been a part of your basic skills, like lighting a fire.

5. The voice acting is horrible. Everyone has a sterotypical voice.

I would rate the game a 5.5/10, it can be fun but gets boring really fast.

Thank you for your reply, can I get you to go into a littl emore detail about a couple of things?

Basically, I don't care if the voice acting is terrible or that the game probably looks like shit. Also, I don't care if the weapons are lame as I am not looking for some sort of shooting experience, the less I need to use weapons the better. I am concerned about a shallow skill tree though, but most importantly, is it possible to build your own shelters and can they be upgraded?

Finally, just how short is it and is it possible to play through it on one life?

cannonballZ said:

Black Ops 2 just received a little more DLC support, that may be a good option for those that like to play online multiplayer. Deus Ex human Revolution is a good one as well. Lego City Undercover, awesome purchase for those that don't already have it.

I was thinking about pushing Ghosts over BO2, since is a newer game and less people have it (and it dropped in price this past 2 weeks), Deus Ex is always my ace under the sleeve, not user about Lego City, I don't have it for myself yet... is running for my game purchase of september with Lego Batman 2. Thanks.

Any other suggestion, the order will be placed next week.

impertinence said:

Thank you for your reply, can I get you to go into a littl emore detail about a couple of things?

Basically, I don't care if the voice acting is terrible or that the game probably looks like shit. Also, I don't care if the weapons are lame as I am not looking for some sort of shooting experience, the less I need to use weapons the better. I am concerned about a shallow skill tree though, but most importantly, is it possible to build your own shelters and can they be upgraded?

Finally, just how short is it and is it possible to play through it on one life?

Well, enemies are every where and respawn every couple of minutes. You will have to use weapons all the time. 

Shelters cannot be upgraded, they are just a small square space with doors that can be closed. It's the only way to remain safe enough to sleep. Sadly they cannot be upgraded at all. Survival in this game is a joke, it's more about surviving waves of zombies rather than being able to survive off of the island. Fruits reappear as often as the zombies so you will almost never find yourself in a hungry situation. you can carry bottles of water and there are wells close by no matter where you're at.

It's more of a top down shooter than a survival game. And yes, it is possible to play through it on one life. Though that may prove to be difficult, it is possible.

cannonballZ said:

Well, enemies are every where and respawn every couple of minutes. You will have to use weapons all the time. 

Shelters cannot be upgraded, they are just a small square space with doors that can be closed. It's the only way to remain safe enough to sleep. Sadly they cannot be upgraded at all. Survival in this game is a joke, it's more about surviving waves of zombies rather than being able to survive off of the island. Fruits reappear as often as the zombies so you will almost never find yourself in a hungry situation. you can carry bottles of water and there are wells close by no matter where you're at.

It's more of a top down shooter than a survival game. And yes, it is possible to play through it on one life. Though that may prove to be difficult, it is possible.

Thank you, I will pass on this game. It is not the kind of game I was hoping it would be.

Thanks for your reply.

Around the Network
flagstaad said:

I was thinking about pushing Ghosts over BO2, since is a newer game and less people have it (and it dropped in price this past 2 weeks), Deus Ex is always my ace under the sleeve, not user about Lego City, I don't have it for myself yet... is running for my game purchase of september with Lego Batman 2. Thanks.

Any other suggestion, the order will be placed next week.

Lego Batman 2 wasn't so great, the first Lego Batman was awesome. Lego City Undercover is the best Lego game I've played and I own a lot of Lego games. Sniper Elite V2 is a decent game if you like stealth. It can also be found for under $20 I believe. 

I passed on How to Survive and got Guacameele instead. Thanks to canonballZ for the save and shame on Ryan for the near lethal assist.

Gee, some of you guys have a lot of courage buying some of these games... But I also buy some stinkers just because they are dirty cheap in some sales...

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

spurgeonryan said:
I will give you free codes to try out How to Survive yourself....^

thank you for the offer, but this is not a money issue. I dont want a top down shooter so i bought something else. I am sure there are interested takers though, because it really is a great offer.

WagnerPaiva said:
Gee, some of you guys have a lot of courage buying some of these games... But I also buy some stinkers just because they are dirty cheap in some sales...

I just saw your PSN profile and you do buy some experimental stuff has it payed off? that is the problem with the huge amount of indie stuff, there might be some gems down there, but you have to navigate a sea of mud to reach them, and I know I am glad that someone is testing the waters for the rest of us.