By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nvidia CES conference on now - gaming focused

http://live.theverge.com/nvidia-ces-2014-press-event-live-blog/

Video stream available in top right hand corner.

So far duscussed:

- Nvidia Shield Streaming local PC games to TV @ 1080p with an ethernet adapter with absolutely no lag

- Nvidia Shield cloud streaming PC games @ 720p with WiFi with absolutely no lag

- Nvidia GSYNC - New frame syncing technology which eliminates stutter and frame tearing

- Android Gaming consoles expected to dominate the market in the near future

- NEW TEGRA K1 chip announced. 192 core ARM CPU based on Kepler GPU architecture

- Unreal Engine 4 announced for Tegra K1 - "Anything you can do on next gen consoles can be done on TEGRA K1"

- Crapload of tech demos using UE4

- Tegra K1 is more than 50% more powerful than Xbox 360/PS3

- Tegra K1 will come in 2 versions: Quad Core A15s 32bit and Nvidias proprietary Dual Denver 64 bit architecture.

Around the Network

Can't wait to see their roadmap!

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

interesting

"that couch doesn't look soft, i can imagine sitting on it!"
wow this guy needed to be a bit more prepared XD

MohammadBadir said:
"that couch doesn't look soft, i can imagine sitting on it!"
wow this guy needed to be a bit more prepared XD

Yeah Jen-Hsun usually comes unprepared to these conferences but he is pretty entertaining like that...

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:

So mobile graphics are indeed about to surpass the 360 and PS3. At this rate Microsoft and Sony will need to release successors to the PS4 and Xbox One by 2017 in order to stay ahead of mobile graphics.

The chances are good that by 2017 smartphones are more powerful than Xbone and PS4. However I dont think Sony and Microsoft have to worry just yet. Majority of the Android devices sold are not going to be 192 core GPU smartphones and developers will want their games to scale to midrange and low end devices in some cases. So games will never be designed utilize to full power of these devices as they have to run on 150 dollar Android phones too...

lol I have great timing. Just tuned in.

It seems Nvidia is slowly shifting their GPU resources to mobile computing. Geforce wasn't mentioned much other than Gsync. Not a single reference of Maxwell or intended release date...

- Misleading core count marketing
- Meaningless graphs about DX levels over time (?)
- Still 28nm.................................................................................... 
- Unreal Engine 4 coming to Tegra and still not Wii U
- No better than 64-bit ARM core available today in the iPhone, except not available until 2H '14
- No announced design wins yet, not even for the car tech (I bet it will never be in a single retail car)

lol @ their chart. PS4 CPU: SPUs not included (i.e. ignore 80% of the PS3's power that makes the Tegra K1 CPU look shit)

My 8th gen collection