By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - LOL "Nintendo Wii to Displace Xbox 360"

They're basically parroting iSuppli.

I've never even heard of these people and yet they keep getting quoted and used despite how ludicrous their "predictions" are.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Around the Network
DOATS1 said:
Girl Gamer Elite said:
God you're dense. Read the article next time.

Actually by 2012 you will see sales of

Wii = 112.25 million
360 = 46.41 million
PS3 = 43.20 million
that's what you want to see, not what we will definitely see.
Perhaps, but the POINT is that kingofwale didn't actually bother to read the article or he wouldn't have written something that made absolutely no sense in the context of commenting on it. Additionally, he doesn't comprehend the meaning of the word "displace" because even the title has no relation to with his comment.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

I advise against it, but follow the link. email is at the bottom. If you really want to mailbomb someone go after the retards who fed these guys the garbage they're vomiting at us: iSuppli

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!

OMG, massive 360 undertracking confirmed. someone call Diomedes!!!

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

How should I know?
*types "iSuppli" into Google*
*20 seconds later*

Public Relations:
Jon Cassell
jcassell@isuppli.com

John Ward
jward@isuppli.com

Neldie Africa (iSuppli Europe)
+44.1344.393.390
nafrica@isuppli.com

Irene Liu (iSuppli China)
lliu@isuppli.com

Sales & Products:
info@isuppli.com

Jeez Soriku, that was so easy I'm almost surprised at how awesome I am.

Around the Network

OMFG look what I get when I type "iSuppli Wii 360" into Google!

The PlayStation 3 will lead hardware sales worldwide by 2011, research firm iSuppli said Thursday.

The PS3 had a tough time coming out of the gates, but the console has picked up a bit of momentum in recent months. iSuppli believes that momentum will continue to build in the coming years, making the current console war a tight three-horse race.

iSuppli said that in 2011, PS3 will reach an installed base of 38.4 million units, edging out Wii’s 37.7 million units and Xbox 360’s 32.3 million units in the same time frame.

PS3 would have 35.4 percent of the market share, followed closely by Wii with 34.8 percent and Xbox 360 with 29.8 percent.

In the nearer term, iSuppli expects the PS3 to nearly double its installed base from 10.3 million in 2007 to 20.3 million by the end of 2008.

The firm forecasts the Wii to take the top spot from Xbox 360 in 2008, with Nintendo’s machine hitting an installed base of 30.2 million versus Xbox 360’s 25.7 million.

“In this stage of the new-generation video game console market, consumers are showing they’d rather be entertained and pay less for their consoles than shell out more for the latest and greatest technology,” said iSuppli research analyst Pam Tufegdzic.

Why is anyone even listening to these retards? The site is acting up on me at the moment [edit: which is why I didn't spot that FishyJoe had made a thread about this already.]

Seriously, is even Diomedes this blinkered?

Man, videogames are doomed. The market will shrink drastically this generation!

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Their X360 estimate for this year sounds pretty plausible, actually. But when the Wii hits their 2011 estimate later this year they'll probably just shrug and have another helping of magic mushrooms.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Girl Gamer Elite said:
kingofwale said:
Wii will outsell both xbox and PS3, but it will never replace it.

You won't see PS2's last gen-ish domination, what you will see is close to 3 pilar of gaming. With Wii selling 80-100 million, PS3 60-80 mil (end of gen) and xbox 40-60 mil

God you're dense. Read the article next time.

Actually by 2012 you will see sales of

Wii = 112.25 million
360 = 46.41 million
PS3 = 43.20 million

I am  fascinated how the moderators have not banned you yet.

On topic:

Americans are biased to 360 we all know this.

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M

Why should they ban her?

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies