By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - A list of Wii U predictions for 2014

pezus said:
DevilRising said:
Lyrikalstylez said:
nintendo becomes a 3rd party developer!!
*one can hope*

It's that "one can hope" type of fanboyism comments that make the internet an unpleasant place to be.

What, he's saying he wants to play their games but can't afford their consoles.

Its not that I cant afford them, its that I wont support them

Nintendo has a reputation for making underwelming consoles,

but I  do end up buying their consoles,just second hand and when the console is dead, ala I just bought wii

Around the Network

10 - Definitely. Unless they go the Wind Waker route of releasing a half finished game.

9 - No. A Nintendo phone would be the worst phone on the market and Nintendo know it. Will never happen.

8 - Yes. From what we know it was always 2015.

7 - Yes. You'd expect there to be. Most likely another awful spin-off by a third party. 

6 - Yes. Low cost game with a wide appeal on handheld consoles. Makes sense.

5 - No. Nintendo don't have the resources to do this. I doubt the market is there for it anyway.

4 - Nah. If Nintendo think NES games are worth $5 each, I shudder to think what monthly fee they'd think is fair for access to them all.

3 - Yeah. Nintendo will try to do something to fix the gamepad disaster.

2 - Yes. I wouldn't expect anything too interesting though.

1 - Surely and good riddance. Fingers crossed Miyamoto goes with him.

I'd like my totally outlandish prediction of a Wii U DS/3ds player - supporting gamecards and 3ds full game downloads - to come true.

Obviously the screen aspect ratio would be a bit different, but even with both screens letterboxed on the tiniest monitor would be larger than 3ds screens, put the bottom/touch screen 1:1 on the Gamepad screen, good to go.

Bundle a Wii U with the 3ds player and Pokemon X/Y preinstalled, and some quickie Pokemon stadium style "import your pokemans over to this" title - and win over the kids who got a 2ds last Christmas.

Fantasy land stuff, but I can dream.

As to the OP predictions, I generally agree with TheLegendaryWolf.