By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 Software Title Breaks Record in Japan!

So what are your thoughts on this development?

Never heard of the franchise, don't care 8 28.57%

I care 3 10.71%

I care, but not enough to... 9 32.14%

My pen ran out 0 0%

I love percents!!! 2 7.14%

You get more per-dollar! 1 3.57%

Hawaii 2 7.14%

Grannies cooking is overdone 0 0%

Halo is a pretty cool guy 2 7.14%

A letter just arrived in the mail 1 3.57%

Total:28

I was worried about this title for about 7 weeks and didn't think anyone would get to buying it but finally, after 8 weeks of being on the market, Drakengard gets a sale. Not only did it get a sale but it rose 111,254% (which has to be a record) from the previous seven weeks combined and claimed the sixth spot on the Japanese charts. Check it out below. 

Japan Weekly Chart

Week Ending 22nd Dec 2013

Pos - Game - Week - Weekly - Total

1. Puzzle & Dragons Z - 3DS - 2 - 261,155 - 801,976

2. Pocket Monsters X/Y - 3DS - 11 - 220,257 - 3,657,040

3. Wii Party U - WiiU - 8 - 131,670 - 437,497

4. Shin Gundam Musou - PS3 - 1 - 122,639 - 122,639

5. New Super Mario Bros. U - WiiU - 55 - 114,019 - 898,508

6. Drakengard 3 - PS3 - 8 - 111,254 - 111,254

Source: VGChartz

Around the Network

How bad was it selling before then?

uhhhh yay?

For the people who don't understand. If you look at the Japan chartz you will find that Drakengard was released 8 weeks ago right? This week it sold 111,254 copies for a grand total of 111,254 copies sold overall meaning it sold 0 copies for seven straight weeks! What are the chances that this game goes this crazy this fast??/?//? It has to be a record for the biggest percentage gain in the history of history!

Congratulations.

A_C_E said:
For the people who don't understand. If you look at the Japan chartz you will find that Drakengard was released 8 weeks ago right? This week it sold 111,254 copies for a grand total of 111,254 copies sold overall meaning it sold 0 copies for seven straight weeks! What are the chances that this game goes this crazy this fast??/?//? It has to be a record for the biggest percentage gain in the history of history!

Congratulations.

I think its just an error the game has hardly benn out for a month.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Around the Network

Drakengard is a messed up game, i realy liked the first one.

SnakeDrake said:
A_C_E said:

Congratulations.

I think its just an error the game has hardly benn out for a month.

No, its the truth.

A_C_E said:
SnakeDrake said:
A_C_E said:

Congratulations.

I think its just an error the game has hardly been out for a month.

No, its the truth.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

SnakeDrake said:

I'm seriously joking?

That's nothing, VGChartz shows why the VITA version of Rayman Legends hasn't been a big seller....

It's not due to be released for another 6 years! XD

http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=rayman+legends