By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bethesda says Fallout 3 50%-80% the size of Oblivion

naznatips said:
rocketpig said:
Ari_Gold said:
Lost Odyssey > Oblivion

Lost Odyssey > Fallout 3

bethesda is made of fail

Unfair comparison. LO, like most other JRPGs, isn't really even worthy of the RPG monicker.

On the other hand, love it or hate it, Bethesda games are the truest RPGs one can find in videogames. They are the true descendant of the pen and paper RPG.

Yes, and I play video games to play video games, not to play Pen & Paper RPGs with an awful combat system and uninspired generic world designs.

Like I said, "Love it or hate it".

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network
rocketpig said:
naznatips said:
rocketpig said:
Ari_Gold said:
Lost Odyssey > Oblivion

Lost Odyssey > Fallout 3

bethesda is made of fail

Unfair comparison. LO, like most other JRPGs, isn't really even worthy of the RPG monicker.

On the other hand, love it or hate it, Bethesda games are the truest RPGs one can find in videogames. They are the true descendant of the pen and paper RPG.

Yes, and I play video games to play video games, not to play Pen & Paper RPGs with an awful combat system and uninspired generic world designs.

Like I said, "Love it or hate it".

JRPG X WRPG. This is not going to end well.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

ItsaMii, I'm not arguing quality, for there are many games from both genres that I enjoy.

But let's face it, most JRPGs have no "RPG" in them. They're linear, they involve no player choice over outcomes of situations, and there are almost zero options other than stat-building.

There's not a lot of "role-playing" going on there... Just a lot of storytelling with the player as a somewhat active participant in the storyteller's universe.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

kirby007 said:
wth, oblivion empty? you never got further then the sewers?

naznatips is right on this one. You explored for like 30 minutes into a dungeon and recovered an amazing 120 gold coins or the 12th daedric boots. Also, adjusting the whole game to your level was a huge FAIL. Not to mention the amazingly generic medieval world and the lack of towns and other establishments.

I stopped playing Oblivion a long time ago, got back to Morrowind ( a much better game, IMO )

I think the game will be wide enough.

I've got the touch!!