By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - FFX/X-2 is out in Japan, do you think it will sell?

I hope it sells well and more than atleast one iteration of FF13 so it sends a message to squenix that those games were terrible.

Around the Network

If it sells, I heard Square will make a FF12 Remaster too

Lets see... i would say 150k Vita and 120k PS3.

Japan does not usually embrace HD remakes. I expect Vita to sell more cause it has happened this year with all RPG multi plats. The Vita ends up beating the PS3 version.

Checked on the Asian PlayStation Store. So far, Vita Version has around 5-12 Reviews. While the PS3 Version got none. I don't know if basing on the number of reviews is legit but it happened with Pokemon X and Y. X got more while Y was not far behind.

Vita around 80k

Around the Network
Turkish said:
I hope it sells well and more than atleast one iteration of FF13 so it sends a message to squenix that those games were terrible.

No point in selling well. SE are already doing FFXV which is a boring schlongfest ARPG. And since that will sell definitely well they will just keep making those -.-

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
Turkish said:

No point in selling well. SE are already doing FFXV which is a boring schlongfest ARPG. And since that will sell definitely well they will just keep making those -.-

I think you will be terribly mistaken about XV. It is being made by Tetsuya Nomura and Hajime Tabata. Tetsuya Nomura directed the awesome Kingdom Hearts series and Tabata made the last great FF games (FF7 Crisis Core and FF Type-0). These men are literally the only ones left at SE that can make a decent rpg again. XV just looks good and was the most interesting upcoming FF game since it was first shown in 2006. The story sounds more interesting than XIII which was forgettable and never made sense. The characters look much better than XIII, but anything is than the cast of XIII(Hope, Vanille, Lightning, Snow ugghh terrible). The gameplay looks better, graphics are obviously better. Soundtrack will be much better (Yoko Shimomura!).

I'd rather have a turn based game like FFX again but I love ARPG's like the ones made by Tetsuya Nomura and Tabata as well.

Turkish said:
vivster said:
Turkish said:

I think you will be terribly mistaken about XV. It is being made by Tetsuya Nomura and Hajime Tabata. Tetsuya Nomura directed the awesome Kingdom Hearts series and Tabata made the last great FF games (FF7 Crisis Core and FF Type-0). These men are literally the only ones left at SE that can make a decent rpg again. XV just looks good and was the most interesting upcoming FF game since it was first shown in 2006. The story sounds more interesting than XIII which was forgettable and never made sense. The characters look much better than XIII, but anything is than the cast of XIII(Hope, Vanille, Lightning, Snow ugghh terrible). The gameplay looks better, graphics are obviously better. Soundtrack will be much better (Yoko Shimomura!).

I'd rather have a turn based game like FFX again but I love ARPG's like the ones made by Tetsuya Nomura and Tabata as well.

Well then we are on completely different ends on the FF spectrum^^

I have never played crisis core or Type-0 (i would if they rereleased them on Vita) and I never liked Kingdom Hearts. Also I don't like ARPGs, especially not in my FF. That there are no mentionable female leads in this one is just the cherry on top of the shitpie.

Don't get me wrong, I liked all FFs so far and a good portion I loved(including FFXIII). I will preorder XV and I will have fun with it but it will almost definitely not be in my Top 10 FF games.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
Turkish said:
vivster said:
Turkish said:

Well then we are on completely different ends on the FF spectrum^^

I have never played crisis core or Type-0 (i would if they rereleased them on Vita) and I never liked Kingdom Hearts. Also I don't like ARPGs, especially not in my FF. That there are no mentionable female leads in this one is just the cherry on top of the shitpie.

Don't get me wrong, I liked all FFs so far and a good portion I loved(including FFXIII). I will preorder XV and I will have fun with it but it will almost definitely not be in my Top 10 FF games.

I think the blonde and black haired girl look better than any female of XIII, they cant be both villains right?

I personally can't wait to grab Final Fantasy XV.