By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Are you still buying physical media?

Personally the only physical media I buy are games.  Haven't bought a CD or DVD for a very long time now.  My cousin who used to have a huge dvd collection has also stop and actually traded almost all of them to gamespot for credit to buy games.  He has bought 1 blue-ray movie in James Bond but other that similar to me we just download everything.  Of course we might be in the minority as yes we do get all that stuff pirated through bittorent etc but I am sure some people use legal means like Itunes or some of the online movie sites or even their cable/satellite provider for movies etc.  Of course one big reason I don't buy those besides getting them for free pirated is the reason I get them pirated is because I am fairly broke heh.  Usually the little I can save for entertainment just goes towards a new game every couple of months etc.  If you didn't have money issues like me would you still buy physical media.  Basically do you buy as much as before, less or none at all.

Around the Network

Since 1999 I guess.. no love media for me...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."

I buy plenty of DVD's/Blu-ray's per year probably on average 1 per week

PS3(60GB)/360(Elite)/Wii/SNES/Ultimate Gaming PC owner :)

I mostly buy stuff through physical media. I prefer owning the physical copy so I will have it for ever. I have donwloaded some south park from itunes, but I prefer having the DVDs. With games I prefer having all the boxes, but at the same time a like having them saved on to my hdd. I think the current gaming model of small games being available for download, while the full releases are on disk is good

EDIT; CDs are all downloaded, cause I only ever play them through my iPod

Only videogames. Music, Movies and Software are all digital.

Around the Network

I don't buy many movies, but when I do it is physical media. I always buy my music as CD's.

Other than the occasional movie DVD, games are basically the only thing I buy in physical format any more.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

I think your thread should be titled "Are you paying for media?" since its more about the fact that you pirate your media.

When I pay for something, I prefer having the physical media. So to answer the question, yes, I buy physical media. I don't pirate.

EDIT: I just remembered PSN games. I download them since I don't have a choice, when I can choose, such as with Warhawk, I go with the Blu-ray.

EDIT 2: Also, I get my music from XM satellite radio, so I don't need to buy CD's. My radio allows me to store the songs I like. 

u can also buy digital media ...

Time to Work !

i just download from i tunes or steam