By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New Discovery: PS4 CPU is Actually More Powerful than Xbone's

Brutalyst said:
Not to try and sound like im being a prick to you...

But when the games show a difference I will start to care, and not an extra 2 or 3 frames. Im just tired of all these threads appearing which are nothing more than 1-up manship based on nothing more that hypothesis...

They PS3 was supposed to be more powerful than the 360 and look how that turned out. It didnt make a difference, and most the multi-platform games performed or looked better on the so-called 'less powerful' machine.

Dont get me wrong, I love my PS3, and love my PS4 and all my other Sony devices, im just tired of all these threads, at least wait until one of the consoles proves it has an edge over the other.

SMFH. The ignorance in your comment is amazing. 

Around the Network

Well, even if this thread wasn't about to be locked, there would be no point in continuing this discussion. The facs are there, for everyone to see. PS4 is more powerful than Xbone in every regard, and it shows.

"Well certainly with the Xbox 360, we had some challenges at the launch. Once we identified that we took control of it. We wanted to do it right by our customers. Our customers are very important to us." -Larry "Major Nelson" Hryb (10/2013). Note: RRoD was fixed with the Jasper-revision 3 years after the launch of 360

"People don't pay attention to a lot of the details."-Yusuf Mehdi explaining why Xbone DRM scheme would succeed

"Fortunately we have a product for people who aren't able to get some form of connectivity; it's called Xbox 360,”-Don Mattrick

"The region locking of the 3DS wasn't done for profits on games"-MDMAlliance

is ps4 still 1,8 tf

chris_wing said:
Brutalyst said:

But when the games show a difference I will start to care, and not an extra 2 or 3 frames. Im just tired of all these threads appearing which are nothing more than 1-up manship based on nothing more that hypothesis...

They PS3 was supposed to be more powerful than the 360 and look how that turned out. It didnt make a difference, and most the multi-platform games performed or looked better on the so-called 'less powerful' machine.

Dont get me wrong, I love my PS3, and love my PS4 and all my other Sony devices, im just tired of all these threads, at least wait until one of the consoles proves it has an edge over the other.

Don't COD, BF4, & AC4, in other words the big 3 launch multiplats all run at lower resolution on the Xbone, and with better looking AA on the PS4?  Only the sports & racing games look close to the same because they are highly controlled experiences with less variables & easier to optimize.  The difference in the big 3 games is clear to see if you actually look at full resolution crops & not shrunk down screens.

The PS3 clearly has the edge, & not just because of the CPU.

Don't you mean ps4?

The best part is see someone with 200 posts complaining about some kind of thread being repeated too much... a lurker? an alt? been overload after some days/weeks?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
Damnyouall said:
Brutalyst said:

Oh, so you missed the news that except for Battlefield 4 (900p) all PS4 launch games run at 1080p, whereas most Xbone games run at 720p? If that's not an edge, then what is?

Ps4 and XboxOne looks shitty compare to PC. If I want to have superior graphical machine I will get a PC. Shit, Ps4 fanboys are looking worst that pC elitist these days.

DonFerrari said:
The best part is see someone with 200 posts complaining about some kind of thread being repeated too much... a lurker? an alt? been overload after some days/weeks?

His account is older than yours, maybe he just doesnt comment much...

gergroy said:
DonFerrari said:

His account is older than yours, maybe he just doesnt comment much...

That is wy one of the options was lurker...

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

peshkavus said:
Damnyouall said:

Oh, so you missed the news that except for Battlefield 4 (900p) all PS4 launch games run at 1080p, whereas most Xbone games run at 720p? If that's not an edge, then what is?

Ps4 and XboxOne looks shitty compare to PC. If I want to have superior graphical machine I will get a PC. Shit, Ps4 fanboys are looking worst that pC elitist these days.

That's like saying "If I want to have a fast car, I will get a Bugatti Veyron".

As a PC gamer though, the PS4 and X1's graphics are great. They only just launched and both Ryse and Killzone SF are on level with what most mid to high end PC gamers get (only a small % of us get the extreme end graphics you see. You have to be willing to fork out several times the cost of a next gen console for that).

peshkavus said:
Damnyouall said:
Brutalyst said:

This post has nothing to do with the topic at hand. That last sentence just shows your insecurity about one piece of plastic being inferior to another LMAO.