By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Quick Note: Crackdown now Xbox 360 Platinum title - just $29.99 USD

For those that haven't played this game:

Crackdown is at the much sought-after Platinum price. Atleast in the US, it is going for a confirmed $29.99 from now on.

If you have not played Crackdown, it is 2007's Dead Rising - a very strong title, with unique features that you MUST play the game for.

A few reasons as to why every X360 owner needs to play it:

• Strong platformer elements. Yes, this is like Mario With Guns in some respects. The game focuses on completing many of the game objectives around climbing, falling, and running around huge 50-story skyscrapers. All hidden powerups (agility orbs) are in areas reminiscent of Banjo Kazooie-type collect-em-ups.
  • Great sandbox GTA-Esque gameplay. Unlike GTA, you do get a few "Agency Cars" that are able to vastly out-preform standard cars. From indistructible semi-trucks, to 200mph funny cars, to trucks that can drive vertically up buildings, the vehicles are very unique. Combat is also very neat as well, focused on not only shooting, but avoiding gunfire.
  • Good multiplayer element. Unlike Saints Row, the Multiplayer in the game is not broken. I believe there is still a decent Crackdown Community out there of online addicts. It's 2p online, by the way.
  • Great DLC. RealTime Worlds did a great job on Crackdown DLC. As soon as you buy Crackdown, your treated to 2 free content packs: 4 new types of agents in one pack (8mb download), and the Free-For-All pack which fixes bug issues, gives your agent new powers, unlimited cheats, the ability (and new minigame) to impound cars, ressurect gang members, and more. The pay-for content is also very, very, very good from what I hear - new agent cars, weapons, minigames, street racing, and more.

For $29.99 + the free DLC, this is a MUST HAVE. The game's storyline is real weak. Don't expect a GTA killer story. Just expect alot of incredible pyrotechnics, and never viewing the playform genre the same way ever again, nor the Sandbox-style game. The game (oddly) is cell-shaded in some respects, and the graphics aren't half bad.

The only downside is length: the game is around 20hrs to achieve the endgame story, and alot of the side-missions. However, my 20hr estimate doesn't include the new DLC, so it could take longer.

Also, a few other games have been added to the Platinum Title list: Condemned, Battlefield 2, and others. View the full Platinum Title list (which most games are very, very good) at http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/platinumhits/

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

Sweet. However, I had a Compusa ad that stated Crackdown was on sale for $17.50 - yeah, I know - and it took several minutes at a Wal-Mart, but they finally let me have it for $17.50. Still haven't played it yet and that was about a year ago ;-(

madskillz said:

Still haven't played it yet and that was about a year ago ;-(

WTF? Play it!

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick

Crackdown and dead rising were the first games I played on my 360. I guess it's why I like it so much.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive