By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Uncharted 3 - Screenshot Galore Tribute Thread

Tagged games:

Aldro said:
Wright said:
Aldro said:

Added the following:

Without trolling now.

Looking at these pictures, you actually highlight one of the biggest problems I've had with realistic graphic approach in consoles for a while now. Now, Chloe is pretty well done, but I can't say the same about the old witch or Elena.

The hair.

Female's hair has always looked unrealistic to me, for some reason. Considering how beautiful Drake's hair is, I wonder what's the problem with women's hair, in general. It feels like they choped some random hair, then photoshoped it onto the character's head. And I know this is Uncharted 3 screenshots gallery, but just for the sake of comparison, let me bring up Gears 3 again:

This is low res, and it was the best I could find, but ilustrates my point.

Look at the hair. It looks painfully horrible. Again, same case. Hair photoshopped onto the woman's head. For comparison's sake, this is Marcus's hair:

Maybe because it is black, but black hair tends to look better, same case with Chloe.

Now this is hair I can like.

But most devs suffer with women's hair, for some reason. Or maybe I complain too much.

Okay.

Sure, they got it perfect with TLoU. Even secondary characters like Maria got great hair detail. But try comparing Tess's hair to Elena's or Marlowe's, to get my point.

Around the Network

Naughty Dog next gen is going to be tits.

JoeTheBro said:

The order begs to differ wright

Don't you have a better picture of the woman? Men's hair is done perfectly in a lot of games. It's women's hair what bug me.

Mensrea said:
Naughty Dog next gen is going to be tits.

better than tits

Wright said:
JoeTheBro said:

The order begs to differ wright

Don't you have a better picture of the woman? Men's hair is done perfectly in a lot of games. It's women's hair what bug me.

No. The close ups look bad.

Around the Network
JoeTheBro said:
Wright said:

No. The close ups look bad.

the-pi-guy said:
Wright said:

Wright, this is probably the best picture of her hair. 

Okay. I like that. You see, it feels like natural hair, just as much as men's hair.

@Aldro, sorry for changing the subject xD

Wright said:
Aldro said:
Wright said:
Aldro said:

Added the following:

Without trolling now.

Looking at these pictures, you actually highlight one of the biggest problems I've had with realistic graphic approach in consoles for a while now. Now, Chloe is pretty well done, but I can't say the same about the old witch or Elena.

The hair.

Female's hair has always looked unrealistic to me, for some reason. Considering how beautiful Drake's hair is, I wonder what's the problem with women's hair, in general. It feels like they choped some random hair, then photoshoped it onto the character's head. And I know this is Uncharted 3 screenshots gallery, but just for the sake of comparison, let me bring up Gears 3 again:

This is low res, and it was the best I could find, but ilustrates my point.

Look at the hair. It looks painfully horrible. Again, same case. Hair photoshopped onto the woman's head. For comparison's sake, this is Marcus's hair:

Maybe because it is black, but black hair tends to look better, same case with Chloe.

Now this is hair I can like.

But most devs suffer with women's hair, for some reason. Or maybe I complain too much.

Okay.

Sure, they got it perfect with TLoU. Even secondary characters like Maria got great hair detail. But try comparing Tess's hair to Elena's or Marlowe's, to get my point.

I was gonna jump at you for making this into a hair comparison topic, but then I saw this.

:D

Thanks for taking me back :) what a great game it was.

think-man said:
Thanks for taking me back :) what a great game it was.

My pleasure!