By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Official: Do Not Buy DLC/Microtransactions Thread

DLC has been ruining the gaming experience for me for a while now. It started with Gears of War 3. I'm the kind of guy who wants to get 1000/1000 gamerscore on all my games. When the Gears of War 3 DLC came out it added new achievement that were near impossible to get. I stopped playing completely. Now that I got Dead Rising 3 the same thing is happening. I am going to get 1000/1000 gamerscore but I will not be buying the DLC. WHY WOULD I SPEND 30 DOLLARS FOR A COUPLE EXTRA MISSIONS AND OUTFITS, oh and added gamerscore. So even though I spent 60 dollars on the game and acomplished everything in it the gamerscore will tell everyone that I didn't finish everything in it. I feel like there's no point in playing dead rising 3 now because I LOVE getting all the achievments.

Screw DLC, screw microtransactions. I refuse to buy either who's with me???

Around the Network
toastboy44562 said:

It started with Gears of War 3. I'm the kind of guy who wants to get 1000/1000 gamerscore on all my games.

toastboy44562 said:

When the Gears of War 3 DLC came out it added new achievement that were near impossible to get.

Yeah...sure it was the DLC who prevented you from achieving the whole gamerscore.

I somehow get the impression that you're enjoying the achievements more than the games themselves.

If you can get rid of that mindset you'll be able to judge all DLC individually and close this thread.

I'm doing better than that, I haven't bought a game in 1 year and I won't until the industry stops making bad games.

Im part of the "buy whatever dlc sounds good to you" club already, sorry...

Around the Network

I only buy microtransactions in F2P games.
I do buy DLC, but only when it's good. Like Dishonored DLC or Borderlands 2 DLC.

gergroy said:
Im part of the "buy whatever dlc sounds good to you" club already, sorry...

Yeah. I dislike the practice, so if I see it I often wait on price drop to justify buying any DLC with it.  95% of DLC I have no interest in so does not affect me.

Soleron said:
I'm doing better than that, I haven't bought a game in 1 year and I won't until the industry stops making bad games.

wtf dude, what do you do then? :o

There were plenty of great games this year imo

I'm fine with DLC since you have a full experience into the main game... so the DLC is just a complement.

Microtransactions for F2P games is fine too... I even support the ideia.

Microtransactions in paid game not... they need to get ripoff from them.

BTW I think game with paid subscriptions (aks FFXIV) have to be free (the game) so you need only paid the mensal subsctiption... or at least you pay the game and can play some time without pay the subsctiption.

Perhaps you should be worrying more about OCD than about DLC?