By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New SFIV Footage From AOU2008

Words Of Wisdom said:
twesterm said:
Riot Of The Blood said:
Words Of Wisdom said:

Just great...

The more I see of this game the less impressed I get. It feels like they put no effort into innovating the franchise (at least it does for now).

Innovation will kill a great franchise. Just look at what happened to Final Fantasy. You have to understand that not every game can be like Mario. 2d fighting games aren't really games that can be innovative.

Yeah, Words of Winston is right, FF games stopped innovating a long time and that's the very reason they're going downhill...

Words of Winston?

I'm telling you Twesterm, you're working too hard. It's getting into your subconscious.

Force of habit.  -_-

Around the Network
twesterm said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
twesterm said:
Riot Of The Blood said:
Words Of Wisdom said:

Just great...

The more I see of this game the less impressed I get. It feels like they put no effort into innovating the franchise (at least it does for now).

Innovation will kill a great franchise. Just look at what happened to Final Fantasy. You have to understand that not every game can be like Mario. 2d fighting games aren't really games that can be innovative.

Yeah, Words of Winston is right, FF games stopped innovating a long time and that's the very reason they're going downhill...

Words of Winston?

I'm telling you Twesterm, you're working too hard. It's getting into your subconscious.

Force of habit.  -_-

Oh it begs for a picture, a lil .jpg to tide you over.

twesterm said:
Riot Of The Blood said:
Words Of Wisdom said:

Just great...

Oh, so the complete re-working of the entire battle system into real time wasn't innovation? They are going downhill because their storylines suck ass, and characters they make these days are so unbarably bland. Why should I play the next Final Finatasy when the Tales series is doing as well as it is? Or the Mana series? You'd think that when Square lost their stranglehold on RPG's they'd get their asses back into gear, but they haven't yet.

As for innovation in 2D fighters? Riot of the Blood is correct. There isn't much you can do in 2D fighters other than game mechanics, which SF has plenty of (while making sure NOTHING can be abused) and graphic/art style.

Look at Guilty Gear Accent Core for the Wii. "Innovating new control style using the Wii Remote and Nunchuck attachment!" - As anyone who has tried playing with that method will tell you, it sucks balls. Laughable attempt at "innovation" at best. Classic Controller or nothing in that case.

The only reason why ANYONE would not like SF4 is because they never liked SF2 in the first place, and Capcom making SF4 to apeal to the SF2 players.

By life end:

• Wii- 100 million+
  • Xbox360- 35~40 million
  • PS3- 30 million
  • PSP- 30~32 million ------------- FAILURE
  • NDS- 85~90 million (Skeptical)  - FAILURE
  • NDS- 100 million+ (Optimistic) -- Success!

is this going to be a FULL game?

I think I will pass, if it's a XBL/PSN downloadable game, I will go for it.

only full price fighting game I would even consider about is either Tekken or SoulCalibre.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Shadow)OS said:
twesterm said:
Riot Of The Blood said:
Words Of Wisdom said:

Just great...

Oh, so the complete re-working of the entire battle system into real time wasn't innovation? They are going downhill because their storylines suck ass, and characters they make these days are so unbarably bland. Why should I play the next Final Finatasy when the Tales series is doing as well as it is? Or the Mana series? You'd think that when Square lost their stranglehold on RPG's they'd get their asses back into gear, but they haven't yet.

TYhe battle system innovations have been fine, but do you really play FF games for that?  FFVI actually has terrible gameplay yet it's regarded by very many as one of the greatest games of all time.  Why is that?  Story, music, and characters, or, what a Final Fantasy game should be all about.

When I say that SE stopped innovating I don't mean they stopped trying on their gameplay, it's their rehashing of every character and story that has me not liking them anymore.