By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you (like to) beat your games 100%: Or "Are you hardcore enough?"

Riot Of The Blood said:
RolStoppable said:

By saying Ninja Gaiden you mean the new one for Xbox and not the old NES game, right?

I beat the Xbox one a few times over the course of two years, but only on the lowest difficulty setting. It's not the type of game I really enjoy much, that's why I didn't bother to play it more. I stopped playing the first DMC after three hours (I blame the camera angles), only beat God of War once. But out of these games, I liked Ninja Gaiden definitely the most.

I was talkin more about Sigma, but the Xbox version counts, too. What game was the hardest for you to complete on the PS2/Xbox/Gamecube? Did you ever beat SA2:B 100%?

I'm not sure.

I had a lot more trouble on my first clear of Ninja Gaiden Sigma than I am having on my first clear of DMC4 in Devil Hunter mode.

But I'm thinking that on higher difficulty levels ( DMD), DMC4 will prove harder than Ninja Gaiden Sigma in master mode because you lack tools like UT and OLC in DMC4 and those make harder difficulties a lot easier...( chaining attacks with huge invulnerabilities frames is the win !)

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Around the Network

I try to do things 100% if it's possible, but not at all costs. Some games are so huge and offer so little reward that it's just not worth the effort. I don't even know if I've ever beaten a game 100% (besides games without sidequests).

I drink your milkshake.

Words Of Wisdom said:
People who strive for 100% completion for its own sake are losers.

The point of playing a game is to have fun. If you get 100% along the way, that's awesome. However, if getting 100% requiring going out of your way, grinding for hours, doing other boring/repetitive tasks, and just not having fun then getting 100% is worthless. It doesn't show that you are a good or skilled gamer, it shows just how worthless your time is.
Obviously Soriku gets something out of it or he wouldn't do it.  That's like saying people who play WoW are losers.  Endless grinding, you spend all of your time on it and don't really get anything in the end ...

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

The real question is how many players here got 100% on GT3 A-Spec :p ( I forget if beating the timed arcade races adds % but count those too !)
Cause I know I sure didn't or never came anywhere close...

This is probably the game it would take the longest to reach 100% in my view...

Final-Fan said:
Words Of Wisdom said:

The point of playing a game is to have fun. If you get 100% along the way, that's awesome. However, if getting 100% requiring going out of your way, grinding for hours, doing other boring/repetitive tasks, and just not having fun then getting 100% is worthless. It doesn't show that you are a good or skilled gamer, it shows just how worthless your time is.
Obviously Soriku gets something out of it or he wouldn't do it. That's like saying people who play WoW are losers. Endless grinding, you spend all of your time on it and don't really get anything in the end ...

Hate to break it to you, but most people who play WoW more than casually ARE losers. =P  It's tough to maintain a healthy social life when your guild requires you to spend all weekend raiding.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Around the Network
Final-Fan said:
Words Of Wisdom said:

Obviously Soriku gets something out of it or he wouldn't do it. That's like saying people who play WoW are losers. Endless grinding, you spend all of your time on it and don't really get anything in the end ...

Let's ask Soriku:

Soriku said:

I don't care if there is some benefit to beating a game 100%. I just do it X_X

No, I think his time really is that worthless.

I have never ever beaten a game 100 %

Actually I don't even finish most games. I get bored too soon =(

Garcian Smith said:
Final-Fan said:
Words Of Wisdom said:

Hate to break it to you, but most people who play WoW more than casually ARE losers. =P  It's tough to maintain a healthy social life when your guild requires you to spend all weekend raiding.

It's just a question of time management and efficiency.

These days we clear Hyjal in 3h or so and BT in like 8-9h ( only killed Illidan twice so not everything is yet on farm and ppls still make stupid mistakes on the Illidari council that cost a lot of time).

We actually don't even raid the week end anymore to do that aside from 3h on Friday evening....

no I don't. I haven't finished some of games and others I finish and what I don't unlock won't be unlocked unless theres a code for it that doesn't need a codebreaker disc that is.

I just finish at the end of the story, I do some extra stuff but only if im bored