By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Is the Blu-Ray victory responsible for the spike in PS3 sales?

PooperScooper said:
Dragon lord.... Hmmm didnt I read that in this months issue of EGM?

Lol...I don't know, maybe they copied ME! Nah, most likely something similar, it is commonsense for the most part. I'll have to pick up the latest EGM and check it out--author must be a genius like me :)

PSN ID: Sorrow880

Gamertag: Sorrow80

Wii #: 8132 1076 3416 7450

Around the Network
PooperScooper said:
Dragon lord.... Hmmm didnt I read that in this months issue of EGM?

Lol...I don't know, maybe they copied ME! Nah, most likely something similar, it is commonsense for the most part. I'll have to pick up the latest EGM and check it out--author must be a genius like me :)

PSN ID: Sorrow880

Gamertag: Sorrow80

Wii #: 8132 1076 3416 7450

@Dragon lord

Article is called "Revenge of the PlayStation 3"

8. PS3 gains steam in US
7. The little PSP is a big help
6. The other guys may screw up
5. PS3 ports will start to shine
4. Blu-ray is winning
3. PS3 empowers the players
2. Home unlocks its doors
1. The games

I think it's the other way around.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

uh.... so now suddenly the blu-ray win is relevant? Wait, I thought people said it wouldn't sell PS3s :(.

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.

Around the Network

There is no spike. 60k/week (post holidays), and selling at the same rate as other devices - considering that the competition (Wii + 360) have been supply constrained in the last month:

http://vgchartz.com/hwcomps.php?cons1=Wii&reg1=America&cons2=PS3&reg2=America&cons3=X360&reg3=America&start=38991&end=39488

There are plenty of PS3 units out there - if it would have sold say, 350k - 450k - *that* would be a spike.

Its still selling less than it was, say in November '07 in the US.

Its understandable why people are excited - its almost like the 360 outselling the PS3 in Japan.

Lets see if it can repeat two months running!

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

+1 for shams,

even if I think EVEYRTHING is selling less than in Nov07

and yes, the BR is a good help in NA

Time to Work !

Yes, most definately. How much? Don't know, but it's clear that some people are buying PS3 for BR.

In 2007 BR was a hinderance - now its switching to an asset: as MadSkillz says, why not get a free console with a BR player, or a free BR player with a console...?

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Best stealth "PS3 is just a Blu-Ray player" thread this week. Kudos.

It's a factor and IMO it's a factor which will play a larger role as Blu-Ray movies take off further and the HD DVD camp admits its defeat (a reason why Microsoft may push the HD DVD camp to carry on a little bit longer to produce misinformative analysis of the market.)

However for the PS3 Blu-Ray is mostly relevant with regard to gaming, no disc scratching, much less drive noise, good solid constant streaming speeds and a lot more space for developers to work with.

With regard to those for who Blu-Ray movie compatibility is the main factor for buying the console, IMO the bulk of them will investigate the PS3's other abilities and buy games for themselves and / or the rest of their family, maybe not as many as a hardcore gamer would, but IMO don't write such people off at all.

Many hardcore gamers will buy a PS3 when GT5, MGS4, GTA IV, FF XIII, KZ2, R2, etc, etc hit the market.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales