By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - XBONE < Wii U in first January: Guys, I was right

Will the XBONE beat the Wii U's January?

Yes 324 35.29%

No 359 39.11%

Really close 140 15.25%

See results 93 10.13%

Total:916
JerCotter7 said:
Doesn't the 172k include a couple of days in December? It probably sold 170k during those days. Still 280k to go. Think you should be safe it it keeps selling at that rate OP.

No, its not safe. 

Joe is using numbers from 5 weeks sales, from week ending January 5th  to week ending February 2nd.

Any way, here already lost.

Around the Network
Dark_Feanor said:
JerCotter7 said:
Doesn't the 172k include a couple of days in December? It probably sold 170k during those days. Still 280k to go. Think you should be safe it it keeps selling at that rate OP.

No, its not safe. 

Joe is using numbers from 5 weeks sales, from week ending January 5th  to week ending February 2nd.

Any way, here already lost.

It shouldn't be close enough to matter, but yes in my sig it's technically 5 weeks verse 5 weeks. Not month verse month.

You can compare it however you want, but that's what I'm doing.

JerCotter7 said:

No, Wii U had 5 weeks for its January so X1 has 5 weeks too

I'm kind of surprised people didn't get I was being sarcastic....

JerCotter7 said:

I'm kind of surprised people didn't get I was being sarcastic....

That is kinda true though. Right now system sales plummet week on week so the majority of sales are made in the first few days. Without reading your numbers your post seems reasonable.

Around the Network

Not looking good. However, it seems VGCHARTZ isn't counting week and on the 4th as part of January. Luckily for me though I'll probably be wrong on that metric too. Otherwise I'd have some wiggle room with my bet.

JoeTheBro said:
Not looking good. However, it seems VGCHARTZ isn't counting week and on the 4th as part of January. Luckily for me though I'll probably be wrong on that metric too. Otherwise I'd have some wiggle room with my bet.

Wonder why they aren't counting 4th of January. Did they count January 5th for Wii U?

jlmurph2 said:
JoeTheBro said:

Wonder why they aren't counting 4th of January. Did they count January 5th for Wii U?

I'm not sure. When I made the thread and predictions I just went off of this graph: http://www.vgchartz.com/tools/hw_date.php?reg=Global&ending=Monthly

Not only that, but VGCHARTZ adjusted Wii U numbers so it's now at 280 instead of 282. Adding up the weekly values it looks like they did include January 5th.

Luckily for me though it looks like I'll be wrong week by week and monthly. I'd rather be flat out wrong than mostly wrong with a little right.

Only 9,000 left. Looks like it's going to blow it out of the water.

I switched my sig around to the way VGCHARTZ is tracking it. It looks like I could be right going that way.

Once all the data's in I'll decide how to deal with this. Bananaman will get the final say in our personal bet, so I might end up winning one and losing the other. Dang nabbit I should have been more clear when I made my prediction.

It's hard because when I made the prediction I was going purely off of vgchartz's monthly data so that's what I should use, but it's problematic because at the time I assumed it matched up week to week with 5 weeks for the month. Maybe I'll just flip a coin.