By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - XBONE < Wii U in first January: Guys, I was right

Will the XBONE beat the Wii U's January?

Yes 324 35.29%

No 359 39.11%

Really close 140 15.25%

See results 93 10.13%

Total:916

Yes, WiiU will outsell XBO in January worldwide. XBO will be considered irrelevant everywhere except the U'K and USA. I do however think it will be very close and the reason for why WiiU will edge out XBO will be what i know about Japan and the talk among JapanGAF.

Reason: "New Years Day" and Saturday 4th of january.

Around the Network
Incubi said:
Yes, WiiU will outsell XBO in January worldwide. XBO will be considered irrelevant everywhere except the U'K and USA. I do however think it will be very close and the reason for why WiiU will edge out XBO will be what i know about Japan and the talk among JapanGAF.

I'm only comparing Wii U's first January to XBONE's first January.

JoeTheBro said:
Incubi said:

I'm only comparing Wii U's first January to XBONE's first January.

Oh..

XD

Not in Janurary, but by March, yes the X1 will probably have surpassed the Wii U

I don't for see this happening, however, if this does happen then I hope some of the Xbone fans (not all but some) who have added to the commentary of the WiiU doomed threads STFU!!!

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

Around the Network
Augluae said:
Not in Janurary, but by March, yes the X1 will probably have surpassed the Wii U

No. I'm predicting the XBONE's 2014 January will be worse than the Wii U's 2013 January.

Xbox One will sell 350k-400k in USA alone are you on crack OP?

toastboy44562 said:

The best January ever for the 360 gave it 388 thousand in the US. You expect the XBONE to do that just its first January? 360's first January was 229k. PS3's first was 200k. Even the Wii's first January in the US was 333k.  I'd bet a billion funbucks that the XBONE < 350k USA for January.

JoeTheBro said:
toastboy44562 said:

The best January ever for the 360 gave it 388 thousand in the US. You expect the XBONE to do that just its first January? 360's first January was 229k. PS3's first was 200k. Even the Wii's first January in the US was 333k.  I'd bet a billion funbucks that the XBONE < 350k USA for January.

360s first Jan was 229k and the Xbox One is selling like 10 times faster isn't it? Xbox One is outpacing the Wii as well (not for long but it should for Jan) 350k sounds about right to me for USA January

I don't see any way that the Xbox One sells over 280k in January. Every big online retailer has them in stock and Best Buy is already giving $20 off discounts when you buy it with a game. I was Christmas shopping today and my Target had 7 on the floor (they almost always have more in the back), Best Buy had about 20, and Gamestop had a bunch just sitting there. This thing has lost steam even faster then the Wii U did, and with no new great titles out, I am pretty sure all the Wii U doom is going to turn into Xbox One doom by the end of January. Its just too expensive for the average person, expecially when PS4 is $100 less and Wii U is $200 less with $70 of software included.