By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Any body using Xbox one with out kincet

People who bought an Xbox One are people stupid enough so that they don't care they'll be, by all accounts, monitored and registered by the NSA.

Around the Network
pbroy said:
[...]
I've masturbated in front of the Kinect and also had sex in front of it. I'm not bothered by it.

People that freak out about it are probably involved in illegal activities and are scared to get caught.

Yes, General Alexander told us you're a sick exhibitionist perv.   

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Augluae said:
People who bought an Xbox One are people stupid enough so that they don't care they'll be, by all accounts, monitored and registered by the NSA.

Think about that while you're reading this on a computer/cell phone. How about any type of communication can be monitored. Do you think PSN is the almighty secure network? lol

Logico15 said:
What's a kincet???

Not 100% sure, but it must be that strange bird that lives in Ballmer's mouth, picking his teeth... I must have found a photo somewhere... Here!

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

My computer is secured, and my phone is at the maximum extent of it.

For the rest, ie. Google, Facebook or Outlook, I've just been deceived and lied to like everyone else, but I didn't accept or agree to give my information (I'm not using Skype anymore in fact).

But the Xbox One, damn you must be a really dumb couch potatoe to accept buying a console that supported DRM, made a 180* which is the hallmark of dishonnesty, but still has a Kinnect acting like a TSA scanner monitoring, registering and sending what you and your family say or do in the middle of your living room.

So yeah, that's a BIG difference in brain between the many people who had a X360 and decided to go for a PS4, and the people who still went for a Xbox One, which by the way in my surrounding friends are all the ones (well the few ones) who are the most ignorant, and have the wrong opinion on each topic that is brought up.

Around the Network

I am. Its better with it though.

Thanks all, if I get x1 in the future I won't use kincet

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3

roborad said:
A_C_E said:

Nope. Its an awesome idea that MS once again can't do properly. I thought it was funny when I sat in front of the Kinect and it signed my friend in. I thought it was funny when I started up the IE app but it brought up Youtube instead, so I said, "Xbox, go to Internet Explorer", then it snapped IE and I couldn't unsnap anything. I gave up on Kinect right then and there. And apparently this Kinect is better than the 360 version? lol, oh MS, only you could make hardware this unstable.

So no, I always have it unplugged, but its definitely an awesome idea.

funny....I've never had anything like that happen when I'm playing the x1 at my friend's place.

the only issue is when one of my friends who looks like me and I are sitting next to each other and the kinect confuses us, but other than that, none of those other issues I've observed.  

Are you related?

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]

Ryuu96 said:
Augluae said:

My computer is secured, and my phone is at the maximum extent of it.

For the rest, ie. Google, Facebook or Outlook, I've just been deceived and lied to like everyone else, but I didn't accept or agree to give my information (I'm not using Skype anymore in fact).

But the Xbox One, damn you must be a really dumb couch potatoe to accept buying a console that supported DRM, made a 180* which is the hallmark of dishonnesty, but still has a Kinnect acting like a TSA scanner monitoring, registering and sending what you and your family say or do in the middle of your living room.

So yeah, that's a BIG difference in brain between the many people who had a X360 and decided to go for a PS4, and the people who still went for a Xbox One, which by the way in my surrounding friends are all the ones (well the few ones) who are the most ignorant, and have the wrong opinion on each topic that is brought up.

Your cumputer is secure? Lol, Do you really think NSA can't get into it because it's "secure" I doubt they isn't a pc in the world that they aren't in and if you are calling people dumb for buying Xbox One because NSA tracked Microsoft surely you are too if you use Google, Facebook, Email, Yahoo, Your phone etc, Anything you do on your PC they can track so basically using internet at all =/ So really you shouldn't be using internet at all

At least the big companies, Microsoft, Google, Apple etc. are doing something about it, even if it may be just to make themselves look good they are still doing more than people just sitting around on their PC's complaining about it, Pretty soon Microsoft and Google will be suing NSA for the spying.

Also Sony had DMR in mind aswell, They even made a patent for it before E3, Letting Microsoft go first they saw the outrage and decided not to do it, Also the 180 isn't really dishonesty, It's listening to their fans, They was honest about DMR from the start of E3, Then when they done a 180 they told everybody so I don't see how that is dishonesty =/ Lol

You can also unplug Kinect if your that paranoid :P and Google has always been horrible with Privacy even before NSA lol

You can't really blame allot of these companies either, Most of them didn't know, Whatever ones did know would either have to say yes or say no and still NSA will get into it eventually which they probably knew and if they spoken up about NSA they would be in the exact same position Edward Snowden is in right now and how can somebody have a wrong opinion....It's called a opinion for a reason whether you agree with it or not =/ Lol

http://www.theguardian.com/world/interactive/2013/nov/01/snowden-nsa-files-surveillance-revelations-decoded#section/2 - Section 2 "Your Digital Trail" Shows some stuff that NSA tracks

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/08/30/microsoft-and-google-sue-us-government - Microsoft and Google joining forces to Sue

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/01/03/report-new-sony-patent-blocks-second-hand-games - Sony DRM patent before E3

(Sorry for long post guys :P)

1. You didn't understand my point: I didn't choose to be tracked on Google, Facebook or Microsoft, but I did react against by not using or posting sensitive information on them anymore.

However I did have a choice, and choose not to buy the iPhone 5S (it's the first time I don't upgrade) because of the touch ID and I think you really must be a huge dumb fuck, whom I hope, after discovering that your NSA as your fingerprint, will have their fingerprint and ID stolent and sold because THEY deserve it.

Well Xbox One owner are even worse, because as you say there is two extremities: not doing anything (being aware is already something) vs doing something that completely goes in the NSA sense.

2. People who are naive and ignorant, are as much of a reason as people not doing anything, being aware or agreeing. The companies are not aware and will sure the government?

Are your really THAT stupid? I don't think you really believe it, and you shouldn't: the company are completely accomplice in this, they ACCEPTED money from the government paid with tax money to do it, they KNOW and DON'T give one shit about privacy, user or rights, they just don't want it to tarnish their image and just divert attention and responsibility from them.

3. Sony is no better, but because this is not an american company unlike Google, Apple or Microsoft, they're NOT doing your data to the NSA. Maybe they will, to a japanese intelligence service or else, but right now they just DON'T.