By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - This Is What VGCharts Looked Like in 2007

JEMC said:
To the guys that were here back then. Most of us say that 2008-2009 were better because there were a lot more discussions about games and the sales discussions were less "violent" than now.

Do you think that by 2015-2016, so by mid gen when we'll likely know where each console will end, all the anger that some users bring to the forum will leave room for more interesting and constructive discussions about games or do you think that things will never be like 2008-2009?

Agreed, a lot of these sales discussions can get brutal and a lot of it overwhelms the decent discussions about games and other stuff. I think since we're in the midst of two major console launches that coincided with each other at the same time during the holiday, things are bound to get heated and nasty. This is the first time that has ever happened. We have never had two big console launches one right another like that. But after a while I think the dust will settle and things will calm down eventually, and there will be more discussion on games like in 2008-2009.

Around the Network

Good old memories, I remember when ioi banned a lot of people(including myself) cause Hamilton lost on the final Grand Prix race of the F1 championship :trollface:

PS Vita and PC gamer

CPU Intel i5 2500K at 4.5 Ghz / Gigabyte Z68 Mobo / 8 Gb Corsair Vengeance 1600 mhz / Sapphire HD 7970 Dual X Boost / Corsair Obsidian 550d 

Dmick90 said:
JEMC said:
To the guys that were here back then. Most of us say that 2008-2009 were better because there were a lot more discussions about games and the sales discussions were less "violent" than now.

Do you think that by 2015-2016, so by mid gen when we'll likely know where each console will end, all the anger that some users bring to the forum will leave room for more interesting and constructive discussions about games or do you think that things will never be like 2008-2009?

Agreed, a lot of these sales discussions can get brutal and a lot of it overwhelms the decent discussions about games and other stuff. I think since we're in the midst of two major console launches that coincided with each other at the same time during the holiday, things are bound to get heated and nasty. This is the first time that has ever happened. We have never had two big console launches one right another like that. But after a while I think the dust will settle and things will calm down eventually, and there will be more discussion on games like in 2008-2009.

I really hope so!

This situation has been going on for too long. Last X-mas things were already getting nasty with all the rumors, and since the different events revealing the consoles and its specs, things have only gone for the worst.

I hope that by next X-mas things will have calmed down a bit.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Site is good, was better back, more numbers free

So while you around any idea on next facelift?

Around the Network

Back then you could see more software sales...Top 50? Top 200? Also their was a lot going on that time that surprised people and fanboys got mad about it...

I understand better data, more pro users!
I would love a better search function for the forums? latest 90 days doesn't get the job done

Oh I do not complain you spoiled us with all the access back in the days!!
Aside from minor things, I love the site even if the forum got less of a prioridy right now

It's crazy all the changes over the years. I am a numbers guy for a living, and it's always interesting to get this sites perspective.

It is near the end of the end....

Oh my old lurking days on this site...