By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Finally got a PSVITA

So I ordered a PSVITA, mainly because it was on sale on Monday for $199 with KILLZONE (cheaper than 3DS at $249 with no games) here in Aus. Also got the starter kit, 32gb memory card and like 3 other games (Uncharted, Persona 4 and Dragon's Crown.

It arrived on Friday and been playing a bit with it.

My first impressions.

1.  The OS  is smooth and quick. The only thing I hate is the circle icons, I like my squares lol.  

2. Played a bit of killzone, nothing too differnt then on PS3, I did notice a couple frame rate issue towards the end of level 1. Mind you I have nto connected it to the internet so there may be a patch to fix this. 

3. The best part about the console is that you can suspend games. Now for me who hardly has time to play long stints, a game like Killzone becomes a pain in the arse to play on PS3 as you need to finish the level to save the game (please tell me if I been a noob and playing all the way to the end of a level and didn't need to lol). So for me games with longish levels no longer are an issue as I can just suspend the game and resume where I was at a later point in time.

Overall i stll enjoy my 3DS more, mainly cause of the games. I just wish Nintendo could build such smooth UIs for their systems.

Hopefully the VITA doesn't have an early dead and we get some unique experiences on VITA. At minimum I hope it will end up kind of like Sony's gamecube. Not so flash hardware sale wise but a great library of games.

Around the Network

get tearaway, p4g, LBP, Ys: celceta and Gravity Rush

those are some of my favourites

sweet deal, and awesome choice of games. Persona 4 Golden is going to last you a long time.

If you have PS+ go and download those free games asap!

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

You need Gravity Rush. In purely objective terms it has one or two problems, mostly with the combat, although I found it fairly straightforward to get round them without spamming your special attacks. However the feel and atmosphere of the game and its art style are so charming and beautiful, I was absolutely captivated

it's my favorite of the games I played this year, and it has that beautiful Studio Japan feel which is so special, I think it will appeal to you if you like Nintendo games

Also I would try to get some internet access if you can, the updates may solve any issues in KZ, plus eventually they're going to patch in new content such as new maps in MP. Personally I liked it a lot as well

EDIT: Also, you're right about the KZ thing, if you quit or turn off, you have to start the level again, keep using suspend if you want to pick up from your last checkpoint

Congrats you should add me, I also find the 3DS ui to be behind that of the Vita. the Psn store is also alot easy to use and the friend system is far superior than the 3DS. overall they are both great systems and I don't regret buying either.

Around the Network

Vita is a joke, the worst handheald I've ever bought. I sold it after 7 days. Sony should ditch it this year and cocentrate on the PS4 and it's liblary of weak games.

Moderated,

-Mr Khan

Sweet. I'll try to add you on PSN and 3DS if you want. We'll probably never play together but it feels good just having more "friends".

TurboElder said:
Vita is a joke, the worst handheald I've ever bought. I sold it after 7 days. Sony should ditch it this year and cocentrate on the PS4 and it's liblary of weak games.

I don't care

must-have-list for platforms i don't own yet:

WiiU: Donkey Kong

XBone: Dead Rising 3, Ryse

TurboElder said:

Lol oh yep.

d21lewis said:
Sweet. I'll try to add you on PSN and 3DS if you want. We'll probably never play together but it feels good just having more "friends".

What about me :O