By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo deserves the low sales of Wii U

justinian said:
I don't think it's anything to do with the gamepad. This is all based on hindsight. Before the launch fans and developers were all talking it up. With or without the gamepad the sales would have been the same.

People blaming the gamepad are looking a bit too deeply for excuses. What was the excuse for the Gamecube sales? No DVD playback was the major one around my town.

The wii u's problem is a combination of hardware and software. Nothing new to grab the attention like the wiimote. No graphics to make you go wow with "realistic" games. No new games to offer a different experience.

The negativity about it being not as powerful as the x360 should have never been allowed in the first place by making the specs far more enticing even if not quite PS4. Why even mention core gamers if you are going to make it that weak? Also most people are not going to pay good money on old technology without some major innovation as they did with the wii.

What causal is going to want an even more completed than usual gamepad after giving them simplicity with the wiimote?

For me they deserve what they are getting because they had absolutely no idea what they wanted to achieve with the console. Maybe they did know what they wanted to achieve, it's just no one else does.

The gamepad is what makes the console expensive.

Around the Network

@Francis

I think it would be better to launch it included with their next console with a lot of software ready with it.

The more likely Nintendo will go super revolutionary for its next console as the Wii U becomes a huge failure in terms of sales.