By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Toshiba to drop HD DVD in coming weeks

Both Home Media Magazine and The Hollywood Reporter are claiming that Toshiba will drop HD DVD within the next few weeks.  Given the sources this seems like it is pretty credible. And you thought this day couldn't get any better for Sony .

Around the Network

Wow would be the final blow for HD DVD :s;

i don't think they are going to drop it right now. they are still going to get some exclusive content up unitl may arent they?

Wow, if you are a Sony fan (like me), you have shit your pants at least three times in the past hour.

Awesome, now we can finally have a singular format.

Around the Network

Huh? What else happened for Sony?

What's the point in Toshiba wasting more money on fire sales and what not if it will do them no good. I mean run the numbers.

Currently there are more STAND ALONE Blu-ray players out there than HD DVD players, add into that the 10 million PS3's Toshiba has no chance, have weeks of fire sales, they still only managed to take a few percent from BD sales. They have obviously lost it's time for them to accept it. Exclusive titles? For every 5 blu-ray movies released they get 1 or 2. It's done. As I have said before, The Future is Blu!

^ outsold 360 WW

I hate format wars. Glad there will be one standard finally.

Yes, Sony domination activate! Good for Sony, now everyone who is still neutral will hopefully change over immediately. Toshiba couldn't even sell with a firesale, the Warner news was a really big blow.