By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why is the XBONE innovative while the PS4 is just better graphics?

Am I right?

Yes 92 21.50%

No 202 47.20%

Wii U is the real next-gen system 98 22.90%

See results 36 8.41%

Total:428
wick said:
TheBlackNaruto said:
wick said:
I would say neither are really that innovative.

Both are more powerful, yes, but innovative??

I think people are overusing that word lately.

Touch-pads, voice control, motion tracking, second screens, video capturing, HDMI in, new buttons, code scanning via a camera. They've all been done before guys.

Let's not bullshit each other and claim "innovation" when they are all just tweaks and improvements on existing technologies.

THANK YOU!

FInally someone understands....I constantly ask what is so innovatiive? We are indeed on the same page...

It's pretty obvious to me, yet people keep throwing around this innovating word like it justifies their choice of console.

You like xbox? Fine have fun. You prefer Playstation? Good for you. 

Just don't spruke bullshit about innovation.

NEITHER CONSOLE QUALIFIES!!! 

This.

Around the Network
wick said:
TheBlackNaruto said:
wick said:
I would say neither are really that innovative.

Both are more powerful, yes, but innovative??

I think people are overusing that word lately.

Touch-pads, voice control, motion tracking, second screens, video capturing, HDMI in, new buttons, code scanning via a camera. They've all been done before guys.

Let's not bullshit each other and claim "innovation" when they are all just tweaks and improvements on existing technologies.

THANK YOU!

FInally someone understands....I constantly ask what is so innovatiive? We are indeed on the same page...

It's pretty obvious to me, yet people keep throwing around this innovating word like it justifies their choice of console.

You like xbox? Fine have fun. You prefer Playstation? Good for you. 

Just don't spruke bullshit about innovation.

NEITHER CONSOLE QUALIFIES!!! 

EXACTLY I say it in almost every thread I post it. It all boils down to the wait for it......GAMES that you prefer THAT'S IT LOL!!! WHy all this other bickering and nonsense goes on I will never understand smh...

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

bananaking21 said:
Imaginedvl said:

The majority of the reviews out there are saying the Xbox One brings more innovation, even if they gladly admit that Microsoft needs to tweak a lot of things.

You are just picking what "you" believe is innovative in the Xbox One basically and you are ommitting a lot of things just because it does not matter to you (of you conveniently ignore them). Your list is terrible...

Innovation = vision too, you seem to forget that a lot and Microsoft got a way bigger vision than Sony regarding their "gaming" console :)

do you have selective memory or are you just saying that because you feel the need to praise microsoft? Microsofts vision for gaming with the xbox one has been one of the biggest gaming failures ever. they did a complete reversal on its policies for a reason, it was a gigantic fail. funny how you comment on the xbox ones vision for gaming when they been working for months to make it more like the PS4's.

and please, dont get me started on Microsoft and their vision, as an hardware and entertaiment company they have been anything but visionary.

are you high? or just a hater?

Microsoft had a great vision, the uninformed masses didn't like it, and microsoft listened to them. doesnt mean their vision changed.

User was banned for this post.

yo_john117

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

I think the Wii U is more innovative than both PS4 and Xbox One.

kirby007 said:

Microsoft had a great vision, the uninformed masses didn't like it, and microsoft listened to them. doesnt mean their vision changed.

didnt bother reading anything after that. when you can hold a series argument let me know. dont bother replying. 

Around the Network
XxGame4lifexX said:
Exactly how i feel about the 2 consoles.
Plus xbox live is getting more features in the near future.
Like: family sharing plan, able to trade/sell/loan digital copies (something steam already copied from microsoft)
Plus others they are working on.
IMO sony will copy microsoft and add those features too just like they added x game chat.
Microsoft easily wins on the software side.

Please not you too....let's just stay away from the SILLY "copying" thing. That is just absurb...seeing as they all have "copied" something from one another if we go by the way most of the people on this forum talk. There is NEVER anything wrong with improving on exisisting technoligies which ALL 3 companies have been doing so can't we all agree to just....ya know...drop the childish "copying" thing.

AS for the otehr stuff...both consoles will be getting more features in the near future. At the end of the day what really matters is the GAMES that you prefer....everything else is extra stuff. Great additions but still extra compared to the core which is the games.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

bananaking21 said:
kirby007 said:

didnt bother reading anything after that. when you can hold a series argument let me know. dont bother replying. 

nice way to avoid the point! bravo!

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

as far as i'm concerned here is, in total, the list of innovations:

ps4 - Gaikai
xbone - HDMI in

both - suspend/resume, video capture.

everything else is obvious, evolutionary, or too pointless to bother listing. these consoles are 99% the same outside of gaikai and HDMI-in right now and for the foreseeable future.

xbox one is missing a lot of side things I got used to using with the 360 making it''s hdmi in capabilities a necessity ..........cant wait for future updates.

http://imageshack.com/a/img801/6426/f7pc.gif

^Yes that's me ripping it up in the GIF. :)

Yeah on both consoles its alot of fluff the innovation , whats important is the games