By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why is the XBONE innovative while the PS4 is just better graphics?

Am I right?

Yes 92 21.50%

No 202 47.20%

Wii U is the real next-gen system 98 22.90%

See results 36 8.41%

Total:428

If you have a smart TV, like one with PiP (Picture in picture), Then that is pretty much just like Snap.. You guys are praising this way to much. Its overrated

CPU: Ryzen 9950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network
Imaginedvl said:
Xenostar said:
Imaginedvl said:

The majority of the reviews out there are saying the Xbox One brings more innovation, even if they gladly admit that Microsoft needs to tweak a lot of things.

You are just picking what "you" believe is innovative in the Xbox One basically and you are ommitting a lot of things just because it does not matter to you (of you conveniently ignore them). Your list is terrible...

Innovation = vision too, you seem to forget that a lot and Microsoft got a way bigger vision than Sony regarding their "gaming" console :)

Can you link me to these 2 visions theyve outlined so publicly

Hum? A link to what lol

Everyone knows what Microsoft are envisionning with the Xbox One, one device to do everything (or at least more than playing game); Are you really unaware of that? Sorry, not going to link anything, first because I'm too lazy to Google it and second because it is really obvious :) 

Sony just made a more powerfull PS3 in my oppinion which is definetly a good move (the sales prove it) but trying to argue that they are more innovative is a joke...

So PS vision is to make the best gaming platform possible

Xbox is best multimedia platform possible

Xenostar said:
Imaginedvl said:

Hum? A link to what lol

Everyone knows what Microsoft are envisionning with the Xbox One, one device to do everything (or at least more than playing game); Are you really unaware of that? Sorry, not going to link anything, first because I'm too lazy to Google it and second because it is really obvious :) 

Sony just made a more powerfull PS3 in my oppinion which is definetly a good move (the sales prove it) but trying to argue that they are more innovative is a joke...

And I totaly agree with you man :)
My point was just about the innovation aspect. While the PS4 is the best gaming machine, it does not bring as many innovation that the Xbox One (and that's my oppinion of course) and I believe it is because of the vision (as the PS3 was already a gaming machine after all).

ps4 is a pc from 2009/2010... xbox is the same but with more things unique that a PC does not have... so it is common sense xboxone is more innovative than ps4 and for me ps4 are the less innovative system out there.

34 years playing games.

the xbone controller still have a battery slot. whats so innovative about that?

CPU: Ryzen 9950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network

actually they are both just evolutions rather than innovations

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Imaginedvl said:
Xenostar said:
Imaginedvl said:

Hum? A link to what lol

And I totaly agree with you man :)
My point was just about the innovation aspect. While the PS4 is the best gaming machine, it does not bring as many innovation that the Xbox One (and that's my oppinion of course) and I believe it is because of the vision (as the PS3 was already a gaming machine after all).

From what i can tell tho the only feature xbox has over PS4 is snapping apps , full body motion controls and allowing another HDMI signal through it that also blocks that signal if you leave the console off or in standby.

Of course there are smaller things like rumble triggers as well, but then PS4 has a touch pad. 

The list in the original post really does make a mockery of anyone saying PS4 is JUST a more powerful PS3, it does many more things that just play games with more power, it also does things XBox 1 cannot. 

I think X1 might have the edge on the amount of new features in total brought to the table, thus by definition it is more innovative. 

I think a year from now everyone will agree the best new feature of next gen is Game DVR, something that they both do and i hope something they both continue to improve and add new features too. 

My penis is bigger than all of yours.

Combined.

And it shoots stronger and farther as well.

/thread

I would say neither are really that innovative.

Both are more powerful, yes, but innovative??

I think people are overusing that word lately.

Touch-pads, voice control, motion tracking, second screens, video capturing, HDMI in, new buttons, code scanning via a camera. They've all been done before guys.

Let's not bullshit each other and claim "innovation" when they are all just tweaks and improvements on existing technologies.

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron

Skype VOIP/Video Conferencing for Xbox One.