By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why is the XBONE innovative while the PS4 is just better graphics?

Am I right?

Yes 92 21.50%

No 202 47.20%

Wii U is the real next-gen system 98 22.90%

See results 36 8.41%

Total:428

indeed.
Sony is pushing the 'for the gamer' thing really hard that some people forget the ps4 does more than that.
I had to point that to a lot of people already on other sites.

Around the Network

Is "innovative" a new politically correct code word for gadgety and gimmicky?

Just give me a damn game console.

Its like people who buy cars based on that it looks cute or has cool looking blue lights or talks to you!

0 fux gvn, show me what's under the hood and give me 1/4 times.

All I need is a Game Console. It does what I want and need for a reasonable price.

I think its good to have a choice, if your into the nfl football stuff and tv, then xbone works great for them. This is the best part of competition, there is usually something for everyone somewhere, it doesnt matter which as long as they are having fun.

I wouldnt be surprised if in about 3-5 years both systems (ps4 and xbo)were pretty much identical as far as what is offered.

The majority of the reviews out there are saying the Xbox One brings more innovation, even if they gladly admit that Microsoft needs to tweak a lot of things.

You are just picking what "you" believe is innovative in the Xbox One basically and you are ommitting a lot of things just because it does not matter to you (of you conveniently ignore them). Your list is terrible...

Innovation = vision too, you seem to forget that a lot and Microsoft got a way bigger vision than Sony regarding their "gaming" console :)

The only thing I see as a Major difference in Innovation with either console is the OS on the XB one, but that really isn't innovative sense it's just a refined version of windows 8.
Both are innovative in there own rite but as I see it the Xbox's innovation is more centered around entertainment purposes and the PS is centered more around the gaming aspect.
They're both really not that Innovative if you think about it, as we already have devices that do what these consoles already do.

Around the Network

Yeah I just want a games console, i have a sky hd box with WiFi built-in and on demand and 2 tb of space, my pc is also hooked to my 42inch panny plasma. I want something to just play games not make hand gestures, to have a conversation with or watch tv. So to me games console is ps4 or wii u. Xbox one is an underpowered tv media device with a gaming app. If they remove Kinect and such and focus on games I may reconsider.

Proud owner of Ps4/3ds xl/pc/vita/wii u and others.

Gamer till I die

Imaginedvl said:

The majority of the reviews out there are saying the Xbox One brings more innovation, even if they gladly admit that Microsoft needs to tweak a lot of things.

You are just picking what "you" believe is innovative in the Xbox One basically and you are ommitting a lot of things just because it does not matter to you (of you conveniently ignore them). Your list is terrible...

Innovation = vision too, you seem to forget that a lot and Microsoft got a way bigger vision than Sony regarding their "gaming" console :)

Can you link me to these 2 visions theyve outlined so publicly

I don't see anything innovative about the xbox one. Slapping an os in there no liked on pc isn't innovative.

exdeath said:
Is "innovative" a new politically correct code word for gadgety and gimmicky?

its actually a comodin card for those who are in denial

Xenostar said:
Imaginedvl said:

Can you link me to these 2 visions theyve outlined so publicly

Hum? A link to what lol

Everyone knows what Microsoft are envisionning with the Xbox One, one device to do everything (or at least more than playing game); Are you really unaware of that? Sorry, not going to link anything, first because I'm too lazy to Google it and second because it is really obvious :) 

Sony just made a more powerfull PS3 in my oppinion which is definetly a good move (the sales prove it) but trying to argue that they are more innovative is a joke...