By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why is the XBONE innovative while the PS4 is just better graphics?

Am I right?

Yes 92 21.50%

No 202 47.20%

Wii U is the real next-gen system 98 22.90%

See results 36 8.41%

Total:428
XxGame4lifexX said:
TheBlackNaruto said:
XxGame4lifexX said:
Exactly how i feel about the 2 consoles.
Plus xbox live is getting more features in the near future.
Like: family sharing plan, able to trade/sell/loan digital copies (something steam already copied from microsoft)
Plus others they are working on.
IMO sony will copy microsoft and add those features too just like they added x game chat.
Microsoft easily wins on the software side.

Please not you too....let's just stay away from the SILLY "copying" thing. That is just absurb...seeing as they all have "copied" something from one another if we go by the way most of the people on this forum talk. There is NEVER anything wrong with improving on exisisting technoligies which ALL 3 companies have been doing so can't we all agree to just....ya know...drop the childish "copying" thing.

AS for the otehr stuff...both consoles will be getting more features in the near future. At the end of the day what really matters is the GAMES that you prefer....everything else is extra stuff. Great additions but still extra compared to the core which is the games.

Just saying xbox has the best features IMO and it truely feels like a next gen console. Pretty games doesn't define a next gen console. 

I cant wait for microsoft to reveal all the new features they are working on. It will make it a true next gen console....as it already is IMO. 

"pretty"games indeed do not define a next gen console...what the game can do and how it plays does. NOT the extra features that come with it.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Around the Network
Hynad said:
Akvod said:
JayWood2010 said:

Both of you guys are being selective and incredibly biased.  Take a step back from the console wars and be a little more honest about the "whole" thing.

For everybody play what you like as always.  Enjoy your consoles and stop with the bs arguments

JayWood2010 in a nutshell.

And then he makes a comments where he only defends the XBO without mentioning one thing that differenciates the PS4 from the 360...

Sure, buddy. Sure.

This then?

User was banned for this post - Kantor

Raven722 said:
To say that neither console is innovative is horseshit. To say that one is more than the other is debatable and really kinda pointless until 5 years down the road when all the plans both companies had are in place (minus the DRM policies of course). Fanboys will point out what their preferred platform is doing and either dismiss or downplay what the competition is bringing. The funny part is all this talk about innovation and who is doing what differently so quickly goes out the window when we see pretty graphics and learn of new gameplay mechanics that don't even utilize any of these supposedly stunning innovations or do so little with them that they are hardly worth mentioning. I am more often impressed by what game developers accomplish than what the console designers come up with.

I can't agree with teh first sentence. Both consoles are EVOLUTIONARY not innovatiove though. And ignoring everything else you seem to pretty much agree with me that at the end of the day it is the GAMES that matter and everything else while being pretty cool and nice is just....extra.

kowenicki said:
funny. that list is terrible. and terribly selective.

Every reviewer, even if they pick the PS4 as their choice, says the ONE is the more innovative and is set to bring more to the table in the future.

opinion + opinion + opinion = ?
you say truth.
you are wrong
? = opinion

TheBlackNaruto said:
XxGame4lifexX said:
TheBlackNaruto said:
XxGame4lifexX said:
Exactly how i feel about the 2 consoles.
Plus xbox live is getting more features in the near future.
Like: family sharing plan, able to trade/sell/loan digital copies (something steam already copied from microsoft)
Plus others they are working on.
IMO sony will copy microsoft and add those features too just like they added x game chat.
Microsoft easily wins on the software side.

Please not you too....let's just stay away from the SILLY "copying" thing. That is just absurb...seeing as they all have "copied" something from one another if we go by the way most of the people on this forum talk. There is NEVER anything wrong with improving on exisisting technoligies which ALL 3 companies have been doing so can't we all agree to just....ya know...drop the childish "copying" thing.

AS for the otehr stuff...both consoles will be getting more features in the near future. At the end of the day what really matters is the GAMES that you prefer....everything else is extra stuff. Great additions but still extra compared to the core which is the games.

Just saying xbox has the best features IMO and it truely feels like a next gen console. Pretty games doesn't define a next gen console. 

I cant wait for microsoft to reveal all the new features they are working on. It will make it a true next gen console....as it already is IMO. 

"pretty"games indeed do not define a next gen console...what the game can do and how it plays does. NOT the extra features that come with it.

I will use smartglass on the games that support it, i like that feature. Seems to work amazing in DR3. 

Using skype on the xbox one and playing a game while seeing/talking to that person at the same time on the same tv/console is amazing IMO. 

Did you know ps4 only supports a 2.4 wireless signal?

The xbox one supports a wireless adapter capable of 2.4 - 5.0ghz.

The ONLY next gen console to do so. 

Around the Network
XxGame4lifexX said:
TheBlackNaruto said:
XxGame4lifexX said:

I will use smartglass on the games that support it, i like that feature. Seems to work amazing in DR3. 

Using skype on the xbox one and playing a game while seeing/talking to that person at the same time on the same tv/console is amazing IMO.

And that indeed is fine. But I was just saying all taht stuff while AWESOME is stille xtra to the core which is the games. And at teh end it just boils down to that...the games you prefer to play. That's all I was saying.

TheBlackNaruto said:
XxGame4lifexX said:
TheBlackNaruto said:
XxGame4lifexX said:

And that indeed is fine. But I was just saying all taht stuff while AWESOME is stille xtra to the core which is the games. And at teh end it just boils down to that...the games you prefer to play. That's all I was saying.

yes that's understandable. 

All i want are games but not just pretty games. I want to get the next gen vibe. Innovation and new features is what i want. New ways to play. This is 2013 so a game console shouldn't just play games. Look at what cell phones have involved into. You can do alot more than just talk. 

Did you know ps4 only supports a 2.4 wireless signal?

The xbox one supports a wireless adapter capable of 2.4 - 5.0ghz.

The ONLY next gen console to do so. 

kitler53 said:

grabbed from wikipedia:

"The term innovation can be defined as something original and, as consequence, new that "breaks in to" the market or into society. One usually associates to new phenomena that are important in some way. A definition of the term, in line with these aspects, would be the following: "An innovation is something original, new, and important - in whatever field - that breaks in to (or obtains a foothold in) a market or society."

i agree with this definition.  people throw the word innovation around too much now-a-days.  very few things truely deserve the lable of "innovative".  that's actually kind of the point.  innovative ideas are the big important ones that changes everything. ps4 and xbox one are not really all the innovative.  ..in part because they both did the same thing on a majority of the innovations (suspend/resume  and video caputure) which fails the "original" criteria.

most of the arguments i've watched about innovations mostly focus on the how things are implemented not the what was imlemented.  that's argument is already off point..

This right fuckin here, everything that has been done with these console as being "innovative" has already been done

right there with you kitler

XxGame4lifexX said:

Yeah but are these really innovative (as this is what the thread is about), I mean the stuff that the PS4 and XB one are doing now was what i was doing 6 years ago with a PC and smart TV's
Are they cool features to have on a console HELL YES, are they innovative ... No.

bananaking21 said:
kirby007 said:

listen, did you see bananas post?

MS was just trying to pave the way towards the unavoidable digital future all consoles will follow, if not this gen, then next generation, being innovative just as they were last generation with Xbox Live. I didn't agree with all the policies brought forward but at least I understood the end goal. he obviously didn't

and this proves my point. Microsoft has no proper vision, they never did. The unavoidable digital future is already done, its already here and its happening, and it is NOT microsofts vision. its valves and apples. Microsoft as a hardware an Entertiament company has been nothing but a follower, they are were not visinoaries and still are not. all this bullshit talk about a digital future and vision that microsoft has, give me a break, microsoft has been following the leads of apple, google and valve with their attempts to become more about enteraiment and hardware.

The Three major forms of enteraiment Are Movies/tv/Video, Music and Games. the and all 3 Microsoft has been a follower, not a poineer. they have had no vision, and their constant failures are nothing but proof. and then comes the rise of the internet and changed the landscape of how these 3 forms of entermaint are consumed and distribution. and again, microsoft has been a follower. they have been a company that has no vision and are completely short sighted.

Music: One of the major revelation and revulotion of the music industry that happened in recent years is something called the iPod, remember that little thing? the MP3 music player that made Apple billions? now tell me, how was music distributed on the iPod? ahhh a little thing called digital distribution, and guess who poineered there? guess who's vision that was? apples. 

then came a little thing called the zune? remembe that? no? thats alright because nobody really does. it was a poor attempt from microsoft to try rival apple in a market they poineered in and they saw the vision to cater too. Microsoft were followered, and failures at being so too.

Tv/Movies/Video: again, its not microsoft here who did anything, or apple or sony for that matter, it was YouTube and netflix(and other streaming companies). Youtube pretty much created a whole new market that profits only on online adverstiment revenue, a thing that microsoft also didnt poineer with, but google did, just look at the shallow attempts microsoft has been trying to do to dethrone google with big. another market and another time microsoft follows. but back to Video/tv/music. 

MS obviously hasnt been trying to rivals these companies, but use them, put Netflix and other apps behind a paywall to try show value in its online service. put apps such as hulu, netlfix and so on behind a paywall and say "hey! xbox live is worth the money!" when it really is mostly a paywall.

Then we have the HDMI input, which basically just makes your xbox one work as a remote, it doesnt give you anything extra, just another way to control the tv that is provided by other companies. 

Games: The unavoidable digital future that is coming, the future that is all about software and not hardware. the future where hardware is just the means to reach the consumers and give them the content through digital distribution. Thats what i been hearing, that that is microsoft vision. but in reality it isnt, not even close.

we already have a fully online digital distribution service, Steam. and the most commical thing is that it is on a MICROSOFT platform!! ohh the irony!! tell me, if microsoft was so visionary, why arent they in Valves position? why didnt microsoft poineer digital distribution on their own fucking damn platform? why? because they have no vision. it isnt theirs, they are followers. but the argument stands that microsoft wants a piece of hardware that everybody has so they can reach their software and services to the maximum amount of people, thats why they made the xbox. though do you know what everybody has? a PC..... To bad valve is the dominant player there, with EA now becoming a comptitor, if only microsoft acted faster..... to bad you actually need a vision to do that. 

you sir, are the one spreading bullshit here, and you sir are not calling out anybody but yourself and exposing nothing but your own bias uninformed point of view. Microsoft had the oppertunity to poineer in every major form of entertiament, but they lacked the vision to do so, and their failures are just proof of it. 

You're just mad that Microsoft had a great vision and Sony didn't. You have done nothing but making up false points to make Sony as if it was the innovative one here, when they just steal ideas (Not able to bundle the Sony camera, they sell it apart like it was a Kinect, for example) in order to survive. Hell, you're probably one of those who complained about the original policies of the X1 and then forced MS to change their fresh vision because YOU didn't want to take part on it.

You should be ashamed!!!